Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:06:48 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Build costs 131 Abarth Replica - guide and experiences
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Build costs 131 Abarth Replica - guide and experiences  (Read 26046 times)
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 04:32:26 PM »

Well,

You are a living proof of the point we were making ..

Miro

PS Sportsman : pictures please...

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
sportman

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 07:04:11 AM »

pictures are tho big for post whats mus i do so i can post.
sid131

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 09:23:54 AM »

email to me & i will post them for you
pm me & i wll send you my email address
mirafiori76

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 11:07:42 PM »

After such a long time I would like to make a comment to this topic. You'll never know what your car costs until you start (re)building one. One can build his/her car in the way one desires. Making a replica is relatively easy. I started building my first in 1988 and finished it in 1993. But you're never done. It's like: oh, but this I want to changeand: this is more original. I mean, you're never done. And all these small parts you forget to count. Every Euro, every pound. At the end you stop counting the costs. But when you put it all together...you know?
At the moment, after 11 years of collecting and 5 years of rebuilding my group 4 car, I lost track of the costs. Sure I remember what the cylinder head costed, what the rear suspension costed and every other Abarth-part costed. But it's those minor little things.
But, thats what a hobby is about. Spend money, find satisfaction and use it. That's what counts. Don't try to make your 131 as beautiful as possible to sell it with profit. Forget it, it's not a Ferrari 250 GTO.

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
106usj

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »

On the serious side.
At the end of the day if you Abarth guy's did not spend your money and,
 (big money at that !!) on fixing up original 131 Abarth's and replica Abarths then there simply would not be more than a few on the road's today.
So all i can say is (hat's off to you guy's) for doing what you do with these Abarth 131's.
Just one thing i have to say ! Leave some Sport's and Racing's out there for the rest of us  Wink Wink
Ps A great combo of pictures and price estimate's Enzo & Miro.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:17:28 PM by 106usj » Logged
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 07:26:42 PM »

Interesting thread this and one that makes me smile Grin

I'm glad that someone has gone to the trouble of adding up the total cost of creating a 131 Abarth Replica, and I am unsurprised that the costs are so high if it is done as thoroughly as the 'Masters' like Enzo and Miro. The moral is I suppose never buy a cheap replica Grin

For what it's worth it's almost worth buying a genuine Stradale for the money you'll have to spend to create an accurate Replica Shocked although I purchased my car and haven't stopped spending since Roll Eyes Grin

Adding up the cost of a car and its ownership is like adding up the cost of raising a child. Undecided For all of us with the 131 disease it matters not one jot - whatever happens you'll end up spending money on your 'baby' so just smile every time you open your wallet and enjoy the experience Grin Cheesy Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 08:33:43 PM »

Even though I haven't rebuild an Abarth but just a normal 131S 4 door I have completely lost the count on money well spent... But it worths every single penny. Wink  Even though at the end was really hard because I was unemployed... Undecided

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
mirafiori76

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 10:10:19 PM »

I think the thing is this;

One has a perspective of what he or she wants. Could be any 131. Since he (or she) doesn't have the money to buy that car at once he (or she) picks the nearest. For me it was the ultimate 131: the Abarth.
Since I didn't have the money to buy the real thing (back in 1988) I started to build my own. At the end it was a nice replica.  Now, many many years later I'm rebuilding a real one.
What I mean to say is this: none of us in this forum is wealthy enough to buy an expensive car. And we all like to spend our free time working on whatever type of 131, or other type/mark to achieve the ultimate goal; the one we had for eyes in the first place. It don't matter the time it takes or the money it costs, in the end we all have something to be proud of. In the end you can say: Hey, but I did that one. Took it apart completely and every bolt, every screw,every part I had it in my hands and the car is totally me.
That's what it is all about.

stathe174

131 S

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 11:25:54 PM »

Well said Mike!!!

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
Robert

Hasta la victoria siempre!

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 08:25:29 AM »

Good man Mike, well said! In my case it's like that: My personal favorite was always an orange Sport with black bonnet (don't ask me why it has to be this combination - I just know for me it is the real McCoy, but not why) and a modified engine; still street legal, but fast and sturdy enough to take it for rallying. Had lots of fun with the blue "Ineptitude" in the past 7 years; now, after her transformation to a WR Replica   Wink Grin the goal is within reach. And, as a matter of fact, I did keep an eye on the costs. They are still a medium 4-digit number (in Euros), including acquisition  Cool

Current motors: Fiat 131 Sport 2000TC "WR Replica" 1978, Fiat Dino 2400 BC 1972, Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1974, Mercedes-Benz 560SEL 1987, Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 24V 1999, Volvo V70 T5 2000 ("VascoExpress")
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 11:03:05 AM »

I think that's what I said in my posting actually guys, just that you appear to have missed my point. Roll Eyes

I am certainly not a wealthy man and could not afford to buy any Abarth now. I happened to buy mine at the right time - before prices went into space! I too have spent seven months of the last 18 without income - so I know what it means to be without a steady income and having to do things on a budget!

My point (that appears to have been missed) is that even if you can afford to buy a genuine Abarth it will still cost you a fortune to keep it on the road and whatever the cost, it should not be counted. End of.... Grin

There is certainly a place for the replica Abarths, especially those we are fortunate enough to experience via the members of this forum. Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
mirafiori76

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »

Hi Simon,

We all are at the same level here. It's not a personal attack to anyone. Some have the opportunity to buy the car they want and some have to spend time and money to achieve the ultimate goal. You're a lucky fellow, having yourself a Stradale. At least there's one who's envying you.. Wink Smiley
I also had the chance once to buy me the ultimate. As I told you I once had a red Stradale too. Sadly I was forced to sell it again. Now I have the opportunity to get a step further, a group 4 car. Even though I have to put every part together myself.
When you build it from scratch you get to know every part. Even after 25 years I get to learn things I didn't know yet.

simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »

Thanks Mike. Smiley

I have learned a great deal about the 131s since Theo, Kevin and I set up this website and forum back in 2006 in support of the first 3MA event we organised in 2007, and the level of interest, depth and wealth of knowledge worldwide has astonished us all.  Shocked

I've personally owned 131s since early 1987 when I purchased my first Sport, with three 131s in my current fleet, and the Abarth was always an aspirational car that I never thought I'd actually own myself. In fact I didn't want one back then as I thought they'd be too 'fragile'  - but how wrong was I?! Cool

Anyway - 'every day is a school day' as they say here in England Grin, and I love finding out more about the 131, especially the Group 4 cars, and potential sources of spares and services, so I'll watch and wait with interest to see your car's 'story' unfold. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:42:49 AM by simon131 » Logged

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

ADIGA131

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 04:46:27 PM »

it seemz u have to rob a bank to complete one 131 abarth replica !!
the Q is ,,
which bank should we rob !!!  Wink

*{ADiGA}*131
mirafiori76

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 06:35:06 PM »

You could try to winn the lotery. Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.