Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:18:17 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  no fuel being pumped
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: no fuel being pumped  (Read 16337 times)
jack1

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 09:07:55 PM »

Try to suck some fuel to the front from the reservoir and then try throw some directly in the carb. This should make the pump going Wink

working after a good suck Wink

1996  850r (sleeper)
jack1

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »

hi all  ,,,, ok   he  now  has  fuel  to  the  carb  and  he  has spark  and  the  timing  is  set  up  but  he  car  wont  fire?HuhHuhHuh?   anyone

1996  850r (sleeper)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 11:13:30 PM »

The fuel can not be getting to the cylinders. Is there fuel in the float chamber?

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
jack1

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 11:47:02 PM »

i know the plugs seem like there getting no fuel dave and dont smell of fuel  after continuous turning over???  float chamber??

1996  850r (sleeper)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 11:52:02 PM »

Has the car not been used for a while? Perhaps the needle valve in the carb is stuck shut?

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
jack1

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 12:06:11 AM »

needle valve??

1996  850r (sleeper)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 12:10:24 AM »

Need to know what carb it is really but on most you remove the top cover, the chamber should contain fuel.

jack1

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 12:18:01 AM »

hmmm,, its a weber carb  flap on top worked by choke and a flap down at the bottom ,,when you pump the accelerator by hand it lets the fuel into the carb

1996  850r (sleeper)
Tas131

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 03:32:40 AM »

when you pump the accelerator by hand it lets the fuel into the carb

If your accelerator pump is delivering fuel you've got fuel in the float bowl. If it won't fire when turning over and pumping the accelerator, it's either flooded, (plenty of fuel) or you've got a spark/timing problem. In which case it should still cough and fart if the timing's anywhere near where it should be.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 11:10:02 AM »

It's rather common it seems to get the timing 180 degrees out (I certainly fell for that one  Embarrassed). With the timing marks aligned it is number 4 cylinder at TDC and ready to fire and not number 1 as most assume. So double check the ignition timing by setting up the camshaft/crankshaft marks and removing the distributor cap to verify that the rotor arm is pointing at number 4 cylinder position.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jack1

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 10:23:59 PM »

Need to know what carb it is really but on most you remove the top cover, the chamber should contain fuel.
yes dave there was fuel in the float chamber

1996  850r (sleeper)
jack1

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »

when you pump the accelerator by hand it lets the fuel into the carb

If your accelerator pump is delivering fuel you've got fuel in the float bowl. If it won't fire when turning over and pumping the accelerator, it's either flooded, (plenty of fuel) or you've got a spark/timing problem. In which case it should still cough and fart if the timing's anywhere near where it should be.
[/quote 
plugs are bone dry(if flooded wouldnt they be wet?) got spark at the plugs  ,,, have checked the timing and everything seems to line up spot on?HuhHuh

1996  850r (sleeper)
jack1

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »

It's rather common it seems to get the timing 180 degrees out (I certainly fell for that one  Embarrassed). With the timing marks aligned it is number 4 cylinder at TDC and ready to fire and not number 1 as most assume. So double check the ignition timing by setting up the camshaft/crankshaft marks and removing the distributor cap to verify that the rotor arm is pointing at number 4 cylinder position.
[/quote
firing order is 1,3,4 and 2   ,,,,,,,  isnt  (2 )  actually cylinder 4  so rotor arm should point at the third cap on the dissy ?? does this make sense

1996  850r (sleeper)
Tas131

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 12:35:01 AM »

[/quote
firing order is 1,3,4 and 2   ,,,,,,,  isnt  (2 )  actually cylinder 4  so rotor arm should point at the third cap on the dissy ?? does this make sense

With the crank at TDC and the cam pointers lined up, whichever pin the rotor button is pointing at should have the lead from number 4 cylinder on it!

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 10:43:39 AM »

With the crank at TDC and the cam pointers lined up, whichever pin the rotor button is pointing at should have the lead from number 4 cylinder on it!

Yes and number 4 cylinder is the one nearest the bulkhead.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.