Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:32:10 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Return to work and... obviously... the questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Return to work and... obviously... the questions  (Read 16420 times)
N. Dinis

« on: November 25, 2012, 11:43:15 AM »

Ok, as the title says, I'm back on my 131 duty, hopefully in wont take me annother year to get it back on the road...
What I want to do.....
My car is a ugly duck (s3) and I want to have a swan (Abarth stradale look).
The car is a 4 door, and I have moulds to make the kit.
I want to upgrade the rear suspension to 4 independent.
I'm thinking  on using Ford Sierra Diff.
Want to replace the mechanical fuel pump for a electric one.

So, did anyone already used this type of diferentials? What rear hubs should I use, Any compatible lower arms?

Lots of questions..... Any help?

Thanks
N. Dinis

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »

Annother thing that I've remembered is about the oil radiator, is it possible to use a Delta HF Turbo unit with the respective oil filter support?
N. Dinis

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 09:13:54 PM »

I'm trying to install a Lancia Delta GT intake with carburator. Have anyone done this already?
N. Dinis

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:13:40 PM »

This looks like a monologue but I'll keep on.. I've found the differential that I'm going to use, It's from a Ford Scorpio, comes with the axles for a rear bargain. I'm going to pick it up next week. Miro please check your pm box Wink
mirafiori76

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »

I will save you from talking to yourself here  Wink Cheesy
Are you sure you want to use Ford parts in a Fiat? They were serious competitors once, you know? Grin I'm not sure everything will fit easely. I already found out that even Fiat Abarth parts don't fit that good...

Remember the Delta has front wheel drive. This means the carburator could have a different jet set-up as the 131 has.

Need a bodykit? I got one original.

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
N. Dinis

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 11:34:04 PM »

I have the moulds for a almost complete car, only the trunk is missing, I'm trying to post photos but I can't upload them to imageshack... Any other server that you know?
mirafiori76

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 11:37:24 PM »

You need to make the images smaller. Most computer programmes have an ability to do so. Put them in additional options and all should be fine.

Mike.131 Abarth group 4, 131 Racing Walter Rohrl, 131 1600 CL
N. Dinis

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »

Pictures of the ugly duck Tongue

This was the old damaged engine

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:14:40 AM by N. Dinis » Logged
N. Dinis

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 12:19:08 AM »

S1 series where so pretty... Why ruin everything? Damn those early 80's... Same happened to alot of cars like 132...
Tas131

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 08:13:56 AM »

Running LPG, interesting. My 131 is probably the only Fiat in Australia on gas.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
N. Dinis

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »

A pretty nice fuel saver... Can you post pictures of your system?
Fiat 131 Abarth#2

Fiat 131 Abarth Gr.4

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 06:05:34 PM »

Huh
you would like to do from an 4 door an 2 door abarth?
i think all is possible if you are a good mechanic and you found the parts!
that 'is a bigger problem as to make an rear independent suspension.

Enzo from Germany!
N. Dinis

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 08:21:24 PM »

Yes, I once had a REALLY rusty 2 door racing (the donor of the engine) and I kept almost everything including the C pillars. I have a set of front doors made in fibreglass and moulds made from the panels in the picture for a full 131 stradale look. I want to do this in stages and I want to start exactly with the rear suspension. This car will look like a Frankenstein to you because it's a 4 door S3. I have my own plan for the car, it will not be a perfect or detailed replica. I'm not that patient, neither have cash enough to make it the way I liked. I like to learn from my mistakes and try to do as much as I can by myself. So it will have to be road legal, seats won't be original (I'm planning to use a pair of Recaro's that I have here that came from a Delta II. I'm still deciding if I'm going to install a rollbar or not, because for our MOT purposes it will have to have all the seats available
N. Dinis

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 02:12:07 AM »

Today I spent the morning on the car trying to figure out why it wouldn't start, and the problem seems to be caused by the fuel pump, It still creates vacuum but not enough pressure to deliver fuel to the carburettor (sucking in the pipe it reached my mouth.... tastes really bad by the way.....  Tongue ) So, where can I find a new proper fuel pump? I haven't opened my one yet, so I don't know if it's possible to fix it and if it's worth it... I thought about aplying a electric one... I need opinions please...
N. Dinis

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 11:20:46 PM »

I've opened my fuel pump and I was shocked with the results

So I've cleaned all up rebuild everything and putted it back in place... And then I though about that pump state and gave up trying to run from fuel tank... Got a jerry can, drilled 2 little holes on it, attached 2 pipes and connected it to the fuel pump, filled the pipes and jerrycan with gas and there it goes, engine is running again Smiley The problem should be in the old gasoline (1 year) that damaged the hoses and obstruct the line... This leaves me with annother problem.... Solution for this? New hoses and new fuel tank?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.