Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:35:55 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Return to work and... obviously... the questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Return to work and... obviously... the questions  (Read 16419 times)
N. Dinis

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 12:14:34 AM »

But as I just can't stop, I started grouping material for the later on Abarth look... And here's a few parts together....
I was planning to use this for the window elevator... But the position of the handle would be worst than in the stratos as J. Clarkson said in the Lancia episode of Top Gear.... So tomorrow I'll look for a pair of electric elevators to try to sort that one out:

fibre door

doors small bits and rear lights

The problem with the lights relays is also solved finnaly Smiley

N. Dinis

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 06:27:48 PM »

Update, the electric elevators are fitted in the doors Smiley I'm happy with the results Smiley

Resprayed the front grille and a headlight support ( Got to find the other Sad )

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:36:12 PM by N. Dinis » Logged
N. Dinis

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »

Triangles are on place, windows running in their place so all I have to do is create a little support to center the window in the elevator Smiley Next step is applying the jerrycan in the rear passenger seat and drive the car to the mot. Then I car start with the big steps.... Let's say that this is a warm up Wink

N. Dinis

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »

Annother day some more news. I was a bit worried about the interiors because I couldn't  find them anywhere, also one of the dual headlights support was missing but today everyone showed up. Or almost, I just can't find the door locks and their respective handle, has well as the hinges :S

N. Dinis

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 11:28:23 PM »

Today there are no pictures but my car is ready for MOT. Hopefully Monday I'll get there Smiley Pray for me so real work can go on.... This weekend I've been helping a friend of mine preparing a argenta volumex for MOT too. If all goes well Monday we will drive together Smiley
131DHOC

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 08:18:02 AM »

Are you going to shift the b pillar?
N. Dinis

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 08:23:29 PM »

Yep, that's the plan Wink The car ended up to stay at home because the Tee connector of the water hoses in the cylinder head broke Sad Got to find a new one. Here are 2 photos about my inspiration ...

N. Dinis

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 04:11:50 PM »

Guys I need help, the car is finnaly running, but the water temperature in the dash rises to max in a few minutes, the strange about this is that there is no water pressure in the tubes, I can open the radiator and there everything looks fine.... So what can it be? air in the circuit? the car was sideways when I fill it....
N. Dinis

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »

Sorry to insist but I'm freakin out here :S Is it possible that the water sensor in the head got "lazy" and opens too soon?
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 08:11:47 PM »

Do you have access to a thermometer to check the actual temperature? It's possible there is a fault with the temperature sender or gauge.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
N. Dinis

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 08:16:09 PM »

I do also think that the sender should be the problem, but it's weird it works so smooth until the top... it takes a while... +/- 4 minutes
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »

Is this a standard Fiat twin cam engine with one temperature sensor in the head or a Lancia unit with two temperature sensors?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Sev131

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »

Suspect you have an air lock. Remove the hose from the top of the radiator and pour coolant down into the head till it is full then reconnect.
N. Dinis

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 11:31:33 PM »

The engine is a standard Fiat 131 Racing unit, I've thought the same you did Sev... Just didn't know how to solve it, because there was almost no water in the heater radiator
N. Dinis

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 05:32:04 PM »

Sev you where right, it was air in the circuit...  Problem solved... So, everything looked fine and so let's go to MOT.... Yeah right.... Like it was going to be kind to me... The car idles fine, on neutral rev's up nicely, but on the road starts to bump and shuts down like it ran out of fuel.... Start it again and it's always the same.... With this one coil is fried....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.