Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:57:12 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  left or right thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: left or right thread  (Read 5100 times)
finnie

« on: February 26, 2014, 08:29:58 PM »

Hi All
Need to take off my crank pulley to change timing belt on my 2 litre engine but can`t remember if it`s left or right hand thread ?
Thanks
daverwd

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:59:35 PM »

Taken from Hynes manual . Smiley
finnie

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 09:38:04 PM »

Thank you  Wink
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:06:17 PM »

We've had this dissuasion before , just slide it behind the pulley, I've never needed to take apully  off . there a nightmare Huh

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Sev131

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:33:02 PM »

I have seen bottom crank gear wear on a 2 litre engine and the only way to check properly is to remove the crank pulley. They do wear so make sure you check. Crank gear had cut the belt causing it to fail and bend valves Sad
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 02:08:50 PM »

I've never managed to get a belt under the crank pulley  Undecided  I always take the pulley off.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
finnie

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »

I`m taken it off for belt change and a good clean behind  Wink
Sev131

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 04:56:11 PM »

I've never managed to get a belt under the crank pulley  Undecided  I always take the pulley off.

I tried it once on My Sport as a last minute job before Scotland 3ma trip and you have to twist the belt and feed it in. Standard belts can be done but I doubt the 1" wide will fit without damage.
donk r8

Chris Paull

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 09:42:32 PM »

easy to take the pulley off if you lock the flywheel, strip of steel, two holes one bolt in gearbox housing and one in flywheel.................... Roll Eyes
 And yes I had to check the manual as I couldn't remember if it was a left or right handed......... Grin

1600 Supermirafiori    Fiat Barchetta  Fiat Ducato 2.8 Motorhome    Rover SD1 4.0 V8
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.