Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:16:44 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Gearbox Oil?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gearbox Oil?  (Read 3839 times)
beardy bloke

« on: December 15, 2014, 08:04:07 PM »

I know this has been discussed before and seems to be that non EP oil as suggested in the Haynes manual is what should be used .
I think my gearbox may  have sae80/90 oil as this was put in by a local garage as I had a check over service when I got the car . It has not given me any problems so is it best to leave alone or should I change it ?.
POQ 131

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:59:07 PM »

Change it.
That oil is too stiff & you will end up ruining the syncro's.  Most probably 2 nd gear.
Engine oil is the correct weight.
O.

O.
Castrol

Fiat the way of life....no sense just feeling

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 08:40:16 PM »

Zc90 tutela is the oil that Factory give in gearbox.....

Some forum post: http://www.guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1207

http://www.ricambio.co.uk/453-gearbox-oil-tutela-zc90-1ltr-80w-90-

Old Fiat?s don?t die they come to my garage Smiley
Fiat 131 Racing replica
Ex:Fiat Argenta 120ie
beardy bloke

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 06:57:31 PM »

Thanks for the advice , I am registered on GC forum so would accept his advice . It seems sensible to follow the factory advice and use non ep oil . Another job to do !.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.