Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:24:08 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  My Father had a Fiat....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Father had a Fiat....  (Read 20600 times)
theredx19
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:27:11 PM »

I have read so many threads on this site which mention where the first love of Fiats came from and they all seem to stem from the cars our fathers had. I was very lucky growing up in that due to the dads job we got to have every Fiat model prior to its launch or sale but there are only a few people on this site who will have children with this same passion we have. The lucky children are going to be the off spring of myself, Toad, Sev131 and Ro O beirne as we are the only people I have seen on this site who still drive Fiats or variants of them as actual everyday cars like our fore fathers did. Well the point of this thread is to see if there are more then 4 peple here with a genuine undying passion for all Fiats.....
sid131

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:35:28 PM »

well i am a Toyota man through & through but i love the 131 sport/racing & super mirafiori series 2 not because Dad has one but because i had many & i want to recapture what was taken away from me all those years ago through rust & bad cars in general, my Dad did have a 76 131 series 1 & a 1980 128 complete heap of siht which he bought new & i was with him the day he picked it up & in the showroom was a 131 sport in 628 grey & pippin red interior & i fell in love & didnt get one until 5 years after that exact same colours, i did try to get Dad over to Toyota & succeeded in 85 & all they ever had after was the great jap marquee
theredx19
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:39:48 PM »

I am sorry Sid I cant see why your dad would go from real cars to these dull and boring uninteresting mass produced jap vehicles....
sid131

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 10:51:28 PM »

easy answer buachaill dearg my old Dad had the ford pop & some mini vans couple of morris minors opel kadette c then the 131 wouldnt start & some rust the "new 128" scrap from day blew away with the wind in 2 years complete heap of sick even had a guranteed Irish sticker, then some new fiestas & finally starlet x3 & a yaris not as good as starlet,
i had many 131 supers & 2 previous 2 door sports & thats why i have one now cos i like them & dad would probably call me a eejit if he was still with us knowing all the lovely celicas i had
djape1977

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 11:15:18 PM »

my dad had a 125 and later a 132 and now he has lancia kappa. granddad had a lada which is sort of fiat so i guess you're right

get a bigger hammer!
sid131

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 11:21:32 PM »

is that why you have a 131? any Toyota celicas in your part of the world djape?
djape1977

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 11:40:36 PM »

actually, i got my first 132 from my father when he got mazda 626. since then i had 4 132s and i'm still looking for that perfect one.
131 was a reluctant buy, it was a runner, seemed to be in good enough condition and it was cheap. turned out to be a nice car and worth of saving.

celicas are very rare in serbia, i dont think i've ever seen one like yours with my own eyes. theres a few of later models.

get a bigger hammer!
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »

Well well well My father had some collection of cars... A 124 spider, a Lancia Delta Integralle and a 131 abarth... The last one was the first car I wrecked in a drive by the sea a long right turn (real stiff one) and... On my behalf I only have to say that I was just 18 and didn't really know what I had in my hands... Two months and some handred fractures later  Roll Eyes I understood something... If it was any other car let's say that I wouldn't be writing these lines...
As for the Celica part we have many here in Greece... I will post some pictures if I can...

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
sid131

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 12:16:46 AM »

yes please, i have 2 conditions with no known cures the toyota celica affliction & the 131 sport disease, both are cool to have lol!
theredx19
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 04:50:41 PM »

Well Sid we can cure that toyota diease you have easily but I yhink this is proving my point as nobody has even come back talking about their everyday Italian cars so maybe we are not all hard core Fiat fans then....
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »

Well Sid we can cure that toyota diease you have easily but I yhink this is proving my point as nobody has even come back talking about their everyday Italian cars so maybe we are not all hard core Fiat fans then....

Give it a chance Dave - The posting isn't 24 hours old yet...although I like many others (Sev eg) have told the family history where Fiats are concerned - It's always a favourite story to reminisce about the good old days. I remember the excitement of a brand new Fiat every 2 years but I can only imagine what it was like for you with the regularity and newness of what you experienced - is it any wonder that we have the Fiat disease...?! Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 06:34:16 PM »

Well here my total fiat fleet,,,, Cheesy Cheesy

only a few strays in 26 years from the fiat group
 6 131s
 1 132 es
 2 alfa 75
 1 delta turbo (carb)
 2 fiat ulysse
 a vauxhall pa cresta  with big yanky alloys
 a vauxhall royale
 all daily drivers  
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:37:11 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
david

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 07:31:37 PM »

passed my test in 83 and had numerous cars but have driven mostly Fiats since I got my first Fiat in early 1987 which was a yellow supermirafiori 1600 t/c after that had numerous Fiat 131s (8  I think) mostly supers or sports, a 132 berlini, three 127s (2 of which ended up on the roof), three regattas one of which was a 100s but hated all the regattas as they were always a let down after having owned 131s, four pandas, a lancia beta saloon and I currently own a cinquecento as a runaround and my 131 sport
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:36:24 PM by david » Logged
theredx19
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »

This is what I am after David as you are using a Fiat that has character that your children could asptre to collect when they are older and so keep the Fiat spirit alive. I know Kev my experience was different but we kept a Fiat for the dad and one for the mother and then the new car every few weeks from his job which was great but I still remember all of his personal cars.
brensport
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 09:46:08 PM »

an tuasail dearg  are you sure you dont drive anything other than a fiat Embarrassed  would you not like a nice french car or a truble free jap car Huh Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.