Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:12:27 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  suspension bushes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: suspension bushes  (Read 5191 times)
tex

« on: June 30, 2008, 08:09:31 AM »

I thought i would renew the bushes on the rear suspension since i have it off the car to refurbish, but was told the following "Rear suspension bushes are silent block they donot wear out and require replacement, provided of course that your car has original 131R arms on it.
They are now old and occasionally have had replacement arms from a 124 or
132 fitted which do have replaceable bushes". What do you recommend i do to 'refresh the suspension', brakes, diff etc now that it is out?

* fiat suspension sml.jpg (30.36 KB, 448x336 - viewed 623 times.)
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 09:05:27 PM »

yes they do ware out and the hole the bolt go threw becomes elongated, mine alwat went at one end
so just swop them round till i could replace them with rubber or nylon
jason

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Tas131

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:50:45 PM »

Yagmar, a forum member, has new replacement arms for what you want.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
mick131

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 04:04:20 PM »

Does anyone know what the Superflex / Powerflex bushes are like for the rear arms ??.

Are they the same as the original bushes or do they come in two parts at each end ??.

Cheers
Mick.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 08:00:12 PM »

Do they do the powerflex bushes for the rear. If memory serves me correctly when I enquired they had a very limited range ie front anti roll bar bushes only.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
parrish

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 02:37:41 AM »

Yes they have front anti roll bar bushes 2 x diameters make sure you order the right ones.
The rear arm bushes come in 2 pieces (thas two per fitting,  cone shapped)
They also used to do rear trailing arm bushes and Panhard rod bushes, i have a set of each yet to fit.
I also have a spare? pair of front superflex anti roll bar bushes 19mm if my memory serves me correct, interested?
Steve
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:39:36 AM by parrish » Logged

Steve Parrish owner of:  1977 131 4 door.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.