Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:26:27 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  1981 Fiat 131 Racing 2000 TC front struts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1981 Fiat 131 Racing 2000 TC front struts  (Read 8169 times)
cfont60

« on: July 16, 2008, 09:24:17 PM »

Friends, in my restaration project I found that the front suspension struts in my car were adapted from another car. I am looking for the original ones and I found in Ebay a pair of Koni struts but do not know if they would fit in my car. the details of the struts are in the following Ebay add

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KONI-PAIR-Front-STRUTS-Fiat-131-BRAVA-1975-1978-NOS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ018QQitemZ280245605922QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Do you think they would fit??
Thanks

Carlos Font    Fiat 131 Racing 2000TC
Buenos Aires
Argentina
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:13 PM »

I have Konis on one of my 131s. These are a bargain, however not sure if they will fit. They are listed up to 78, your car is an 81. I know that the early 131s had different top mounts, not sure if the struts are different though. The Konis are good, but give a very firm ride whatever the setting!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
cfont60

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 01:49:31 AM »

Dave thanks for the answer. The problem I have is that it is getting impossible for me to find out which would be the right struts for the car. If I could get at least a used one or the correct dimensions of the shocks I could even have them maked here. There are several people that make shocks for car racing. Do you have the Koni part number of the ones you have in your 131 (provided it is a 1981)? In the Ebay add he posts the part number of these struts.

Buenos Aires
Argentina
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 07:05:33 AM »

My car is a later model, don't have the part number to hand, if it is marked on the strut, I can check at the weekend.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:09:47 AM »

They look the right ones to me (but looks can be deceptive  Undecided ). As far as I know the front struts on the 131s were all the same shape and size although there were several different part numbers from Fiat; the 131 Sport/racing certainly had a different part number for the front struts but 'ordinary' 131 struts will fit. I suspect the years of 75-78 are given because these are from the USA for the American Bravas and there was probably a model change and therefore a part number change in 1978.

I too have Konis on my car and also have a spare set so I can probably check for part numbers but not before the weekend. My Konis are yellow though so I don't know if there was some colour coding for these shock absorbers that would give them different part numbers.

Since your car has been modified to accept different shocks, you'll probably find that the originals will no longer fit straight on. I would say you should go for these on ebay as you haven't got long to ponder about it and hopefully they'll fit straight on. Worse case is that you'll have to sell them back on ebay but that's a very good price for Konis so I doubt you'll have trouble getting your money back.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Tas131

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:25:41 AM »

Contact the seller (Fanoodles), I got a set of Koni yellow struts for my '82 Superbrava from him about 2 years ago. He's been advertising Koni 131 struts for a couple of years, so he must have a reasonable stock. Ask him if he's got a set that will fit your car.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
cfont60

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 07:17:25 PM »

Mick, I sent Fanoodles various mails but he has not answered. I keep looking here in Buenos Aires for those Struts but still with no luck. I would really appreciate if someone can send me the Fiat numbers of these struts.
Another possibility I am looking into is to get a used strut. Then I can have someone here to make copies of it.
Finally yesterday I could drive the car after a lot of work:
-Changed all the cooling hoses.
-Repair the radiator.
-Repair the carburetor.
-Repaired all the brakes.
-Adapted a Fiat 125 air filter.
-Fixed the brackets where the front seats are attached.
-New batery
-New external mirrors
-Repair the stater engine.
The engne works very good and over all the car feels good exept for the suspensions which will be the next step.
As soon as I have it home I will post some Photos of the macchina.
Regards

Buenos Aires
Argentina
bolger

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 02:41:30 PM »

It is normal with fanoodles that he doesn't answer the emails ... he has a large inventory of Fiat parts, but it is worthless as he doesn't really want to sell them.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.