Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:17:54 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Twin carb set ups...advice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Twin carb set ups...advice  (Read 3236 times)
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« on: December 03, 2008, 09:50:43 PM »

Sadly my twin IDF's on waffle manifold went many years ago now, I am considering a twin carb set up again for my 2 litre super...but what I need to know is............

1) Are there any serious clearance issues goiung down the sidedraft route, as I have been offered a set of twin Dellorto's & can obtain the appropriate offset manifold.

2) Is the BHP increased by very much without additional work ie. exhausts, headwork, etc....

Any advice much appreciated as I cannot find my Guy Croft book lurking somewhere in the loft.

Thanks Ian

Cheers

jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:27:06 PM »

Go for it .... a massive increase in torque and low down power and such a noise.. Grin
 the clearance  with the strut tower means you can only use a narrow air filter ,about an inch with small trumpets and possibly remove the fuse box cover ,
  but you got to doit it makes so much differance
 jason

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
124AC

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »

Ian

I did have a spare 'waffle' manifold available for a few beans.

If you're interested pm me and I'll find it.

Cheers
Duncan

Current Fleet:  124AC Coupe. Torque tube model.  Supermirafiori 2000 S3.   Alfa Sprint Cloverleaf 1700.  Lancia Delta Integrale 8V Kat.  Lancia Delta Integrale 8V Kat
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.