Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:43:36 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  IDF throttle cable problem (left hand drive)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IDF throttle cable problem (left hand drive)  (Read 3157 times)
jseabolt

« on: March 12, 2009, 09:30:14 PM »

I know most RHD 131 owners perfer DCOEs because you don't have to deal with the master cylinder. We lefthanders  have to use IDFs.

I mounted my IDFs on my Brava and the intake manifold fits perfect compared to when it was mounted on my 81 Spider but the location where the throttle enters the engine compartment is putting the cabel in a bind. Plus the kickdown cable is touching the carburetor. But that may not be an issue.

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/Brava/

I was eye balling my Spider and noticed the throttle cable enters the engine compartment in the corner. That may explain why I had no trouble with the throttle cable binding on an 81 Spider.

As of right now the only thing I can think of is installing some longer studs and raise the throttle mechanism up about 2 to 3" to clear the carburetor and hopefully the air cleaner. But it still seems like the cable is still going to be in a bind.

Any suggestions?

1968 Ford Fairlane 500 (302 automatic)
1980 Fiat 131 Brava  (2000 automatic)
1980 Fiat 124 Spider (2000 turbocharged)
1987 Yugo GV (1500 turbocharged)
1981 Trabant 601
2003 Subaru Baja
djape1977

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 11:51:44 PM »

i had a simmilar problem on my lada and i fabricated some brackets and installed a lever sistem. sorry but i don't have a better pic at moment

* poluga gasa.jpg (78.47 KB, 580x770 - viewed 409 times.)

get a bigger hammer!
djape1977

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:30:32 AM »

i was thinking about your problem and i figured that you could fabricate same sort of bracket with swivel mechanism as i did only it would have to have a trottle cable attached at one end and lever at other.

get a bigger hammer!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.