Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 01:54:33 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  servo on a mirafiori sport
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: servo on a mirafiori sport  (Read 3493 times)
131DHOC

« on: January 17, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »

Hello, it seems mirafiori sports did not fit steering assistance. Anybody fixed it with a supermirafiori oil pump etc? Was it easy to put the whole thing in place? Maybe it pays not the load and is bad when running fast?
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 08:04:54 PM »

It is an easy swap (I did it to a 1600 CL when I upgraded to 2000 twin cam) You need the engine crossmember, powered rack, pump, resevoir and bracket and all the hoses etc. Not sure if the sport has the gear for the power steering belt on the front pulley as standard or not. If not you will need to swap the front pulley too.

The power assisted steering is light, I like this however others don't. Have you driven a series 3 Supermirafiori with power steering? If so you will know if you like it or not.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
131DHOC

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »

No, I didn't in effect. I find the steering good anytime except when parking. Recently I made me ache turning the steernig wheel which is definitely too heavy. But I'm not too confident about street legalizing the whole thing, apart tecnical problems.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:48:26 AM by 131DHOC » Logged
TOAD

Green Eye Motorsport - Home Of The Toad

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 10:46:14 PM »

Hi chaps,

Just a thought,  if you find the steering to light with PAS fitted, you could move the lower arm forward a little on the anti-roll bar, or slot the roll bar front mounts, to increase the Caster angle. This will load up the steering and even make the car more stable at speed.  You only need to do this a little at a time.

Regards to all

Roger.................

Video of Big Toad Build up.   www.youtube.co.uk/evotoad
n14elx

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 09:39:04 PM »

Excuse me if my memory is playing up but dont I remember that you use your right foot to steer a Sport?HuhHuh?? never mind the wheel just push the throttle harder
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.