Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:50:46 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Realisticly priced Abarth...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Realisticly priced Abarth...?  (Read 3838 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: July 10, 2007, 07:44:39 PM »

http://eng.autoscout24.com/home/index/detail.asp?ts=7812228&id=thbqadssgd4&sc=&make=28&eurofrom=0&euroto=0&zip=

Looks fresh enough from the single photo.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:34:48 AM »

Hi Kev

Yeah, seems very realistically priced to me too.? Grin At today's exchange rate it works out at about ?21,660 pounds Sterling and I'm pretty sure that there aren't too many on the market today for that kind of money.

A word of caution here though. I purchased my Abarth for a 'reasonable sum' back in 2004 (blimey - that was three years ago Shocked) and I'd have to say that I have spent at least what it cost me to buy in getting the car properly sorted - and I've still got a way to go yet! Roll Eyes

I had budgeted for a large spend though, safe in the knowledge that the car I ended up with would be (mechanically at least) as perfect as I could get it. The thing about cars like the 131 Abarth is that they are often used 'in anger' (as this blue one appears to have been) and as a result, are abused. This abuse ultimately needs rectification - which is where the costs lie.

Still, the reality is that you could actually pay between 45 and 55k Euro for a 131 Abarth that will still need a fortune spending on it - so this car is probably a good buy.

I think blue would nicely off-set the red of my current Arbie in my garage Grin I think I can hear the distant sound of a row with the missus! Grin Grin Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 03:10:28 PM »

they are often used 'in anger'

You mean like what you was doing in Ireland for the 3MA?  Huh Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 05:49:30 AM »

Nah Theo, I wasn't angry in Ireland - I was loving it! Wink Grin Grin Wink Wink

At least the roads over there had some sort of metalled surface Roll Eyes

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.