Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:52:49 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Have you seen this on eBay - Guy Croft ST I Fast road
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have you seen this on eBay - Guy Croft ST I Fast road  (Read 4830 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: July 13, 2007, 12:43:48 PM »

Click here to see the eBay entry.

Having got a Guy Croft built engine in my 131 Sport I can state with certainty that a Guy Croft engine in good condition and tune is well worth having  Grin

Strange that the engine on eBay does not have the tell-tale Guy Croft signature of the brass plaque on the cam covers (see photo of my engine below). Probably by 2005 (the engine in my car was built in the 90s) GC gave up with the brass plaques.

* GCEngine.jpg (331.34 KB, 419x336 - viewed 826 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mick131

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 07:05:31 PM »

Hey Theo,

Saw it late last night and I've got this is my ebay favourites at the minute, am watching with interest !!.

I'm seriously tempted to buy it, as according to the book by Phil Ward, it should have about 150 bhp @ 6,300 rpm.

Wonder what the final bid will be ?.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 08:02:22 PM »

it should have about 150 bhp @ 6,300 rpm.

It's meant to have 155bhp I think. My engine peaked at 6250 rpm. That was back in 1990 but still going very strong. It easily revs to 7000 rpm but I am a bit scared to push much past that.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
barry

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »

Hi guys the engine is actually my brothers if he had told me he was going to sell couple of months ago i would have had it myself, but i am in process of going a different route now. It is a very sweet motor was run in to the exact instruction of Mr Croft and i think only recently been removed from the chassis as he has just sold that. Barry
mick131

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 03:26:52 PM »

Barry,

Has your brother sold it yet as it has been removed from ebay ??.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.