Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:58:43 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Magazine photo shoot
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Magazine photo shoot  (Read 6783 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: September 13, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »

Yesterday (Friday 12/09/2008) I had the pleasure of attending a photo shoot session for a forthcoming article in the premium Italian Car magazine. The photo shoot was for my Lancia Gamma Coupe and nothing to do with my 131 but the Fiat interest here is that the 'other' car that will be mentioned in the article is the Fiat 130 Coupe; a car that's of interest to a few people on this forum. Here's some photos I took on the day:

There were other interesting cars in attendance including the new Alfa Romeo Mito and the 8C Competizione:

There was also a Ferrari 430 Scuderia and I got to go round the test track in that one? Grin Cheesy (but only as a passenger? Embarrassed)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mick131

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 05:16:18 PM »

Nice shots of the cars there  Grin.

Still not sure about the Mito though to be honest but I love the 8C  Shocked Shocked. Where where the pics taken as I've not seen so many cobblestones in one place before ??.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
Gremlino

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »

Very nice Theo, is that Chobham proving ground?

Signature has gone Kaput!
eyore

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 07:24:26 AM »

Lovely Gamma,look forward to the article. Never saw a 130 in that colour, not sure it suits such a large car ,more of a 128 colour imho Shocked
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 11:59:45 AM »

Where where the pics taken as I've not seen so many cobblestones in one place before ??.

is that Chobham proving ground?

Yes, that's it. Apparently it's an ex- Ministry of Defence proving ground for tanks. Maybe the cobblestones were for testing tank suspension and comfort? Huh? Grin.

Lovely Gamma,

Thanks!?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 01:55:43 PM »

I know the old Chobham 'proving ground' very well. I lived the first 22 years of my life within three miles of the place, and now live about 10 miles away.

Known locally as 'The Tank Factory' its official name was the MVEE - or Military Vehicle Engineering Establishment. It was used for testing all kinds of military vehicles from tanks to 8-wheel drive amphibious personnel carriers. It was a kind of Millbrook for the tank Grin The MVEE "off road track" is still in the village where I lived (and my parents still do!) (Lightwater, Surrey). Here the vehicles were driven in 'real combat conditions' - it was also used for various amateur rally stages too. I used to play with my mates up there as a kid and we used to cycle round the routes - not very bright, but extremely exciting as a 10 year old Grin

True fact - the first time I ever legally took control of a car (my Mum's red 'J'-reg VW Beetle 1503), at age 17 was on part of the MVEE estate on Chobham Common, at the side of the office complex.

The whole site has been deserted now for the best part of 15 years and I think it was sold off by the MoD. There was a nasty rumour that they were going to build a new village on the site, but nothing much has happened with the land since the MoD moved out.

As for the cars - superb pics of both, but sorry T, much as I like your Gamma I'd rather have the 130 Coupe Undecided as I've always wanted one - just never been brave enough (or had deep enough pockets! Shocked) to buy one!

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 05:48:59 PM »

Simon, there is a 130 coupe on ebay with a long MOT that is gradually getting shorter and shorter...... The man has been trying to sell it for a while now, I suggest you make him an offer and fulfil your dream!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
theredx19
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 08:30:43 PM »

Well Simon just took delivery of my second 130 coupe same as in the artical above ( looks well in that blue Eyore Wink Wink plush car with dual zone aircon) , we could talk over a pint on the GK run and sure bring 25k euro and a driver for your new car  Grin Grin Grin Grin
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 06:15:55 AM »

25k Euro for a 130 Coupe? I don't think so. Totally stupid I am not Dave! Angry Stupid perhaps, but not totally! Wink Cheesy

The 130 Coupe on ebay isn't a particularly good car I'm told. I was considering it but I thought I'd speak to a couple of 130 experts from the FIAT Motor Club GB before driving the 200 miles to Warrington to look at it, and by the sound of it it's just as well I did Undecided Quite rotten in all the usual 130 places and the interior is shot too, which is a shame, although the seller is offering another used interior as part of the sale.

I shall keep my eyes open, but to be honest, I don't really have a place to store such a huge piece of Italiana at the moment - but should have soon. Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
theredx19
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 09:59:51 AM »

Sure Simon 131's are making money sell 1 or 2 of them Grin Grin Grin sure think of the comfort and pure power of the beast but was only joking could never sell any of the babies and lets face it there are a few (1100 sq foot lock up full and more parked elsewhere), and lets face it how many really good ones exist as this one even came with all solid panels, a miracle in these days Wink Wink
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 11:18:38 AM »

Nice pics Theo - U dont need an excuse to share some pics of your "other" motoring passion.

Im sitting in a hot stuffy internet cafe in Cassible writing these few posts but I thought Id respond to the Mito pics. I gate crashed the local Alfa dealers launch of the Mito on Sunday night. Looks a good quality example and certainly distinctive. Didnt get a chance to drive it and I wouldnt buy one but you have to applaud the individualism of the company.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 01:42:21 PM »

Nice pics Theo - U dont need an excuse to share some pics of your "other" motoring passion.

OK then, you asked for it? Grin so here's some more pics of my "other" motoring passion? Kiss

I gate crashed the local Alfa dealers launch of the Mito on Sunday night. Looks a good quality example and certainly distinctive.

I can't make up my mind about the Mito? Undecided I want to like it because I want Alfa to have success with their individualistic little car but the Mito looks have not really grabbed me. It looks nice from the back and the interior gives a larger car feel but the front looks wrong to me; I think it's the headlights that are too big and too bold and with the huge silvered mirrors (also too big for the car) make the Mito resemble a mouse! I haven't driven it either so I can't say it drives better than it looks but I would like to think the looks will grow on me with time.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Gremlino

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 08:27:33 PM »

I can't make up my mind about the Mito 

I know what you mean Theo, I kind of like the Meato in the black and the white but not the red.

To me it looks a bit clumsy, all body and small wheels...not the usual balanced Alfa look of recent years and not the raw blocky appeal of the SZ.

You're right about the oversize 'bling-bling' door mirrors....best left on the Bimmer Mini.

I think the headlamps are ok but nothing special, they could've come off any Korean import job.

Its almost like they took all the best bits off the other Alfas in the range but forgot to downsize the proportions.........maybe I'm just picky  Undecided

Signature has gone Kaput!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.