Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:29:00 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Which type of shock absorbers I will place to my 131???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which type of shock absorbers I will place to my 131???  (Read 3630 times)
greek mirafiori

« on: March 21, 2007, 05:35:48 PM »

It's the time to replace the shock absorvers to my mirafiori. I asked to some shops about the type and the prices and Iwas informed there are Monroe, Kayaba and Alko shock absorbers for 131. I think that Kayaba (orange colour) are very good but i am not sure. Can anybody give me some advice??
Thanks.

P. Katsivas-Fiat 131 Mirafiori CL, 1.6 ,Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 95 hp 'Racing' owner
Kalamata, Hellas.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »

I know Monroe (Gasmatic) and in fact I've had those fitted to my Silver 131 Sport and they were very good. I would recommend them.

I don't know Kayaba and Alko so I cannot comment on those.

I tried Gabriel (before I fitted Monroe) and they were terrible!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 05:58:19 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Walezy

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 07:33:17 AM »

You can fit(with slight modifications) set of Opel Astra GSi(first model-around 1992year) struts. The best for the money will be bilstein B6. Rear struts will fit almost directly as replacement and front inserts need to be fitted to modified original Mcperson strut. Some welding will be required. The insert will fit into diesel fiat strut which has larger diameter than petrol version but you will need to check if this larger diameter in on whole length of the pipe. The question may be, why to bother with this modifications, well, the answer is: it handles much better after it is done.

greek mirafiori

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:21:59 PM »

I put Monroe (gasmatic) as Theo adviced me and I am satisfied with them. My car is quite better now and I think they are very good shock absorbers for 131

P. Katsivas-Fiat 131 Mirafiori CL, 1.6 ,Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 95 hp 'Racing' owner
Kalamata, Hellas.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.