Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:25:39 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  What a great site this is!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What a great site this is!  (Read 15455 times)
mirafioriman

My next project......

« on: October 25, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »

I spend quite a lot of my 'net time' visiting a number of car and Fiat related websites. Some I visit regularly (like this one!)

What a great site this is. It shows how popular a car the 131 is and how much it has affected people not just in the UK and Ireland but worldwide. It is great to chat to so many like minded individuals and make friends from all over the world!

One of the best things is how we (have so far) all been friendly towards each other. We all have our own ideas about what makes a perfect 131, for me four doors, for some an Abarth kit, for some a totally factory standard sport etc, and we all treat each others views with respect. It is even allowed for people like me who also own 'related' Fiats like the 130 and 132/Argenta to display our love for them here too.

Long may it continue to be so, and thank you to all the fellow members who have made it so!

Finally a suggestion. Can we add to the forum a section for members cars. We already have a projects section to detail our work in progress, perhaps an area to show off our cars that are completed or in use would be good.

My idea of how it would work would be that you simply title the thread for example as follows:

1981 Fiat 131 Supermirafiori 1600T/C

The thread would then simply consist of say 1-3 pictures of your car. Each car you own should be posted in its own thread and rather than people adding posts to the forum it would be left simply as a 'showroom' to display 131s around the world.

Any thoughts?

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »

I have to agree with you Dave - But then I am biased!!

We do seem to be a friendly bunch...until we bring any Irish history up Grin...but otherwise most subjects seem to go down reasonably well.

What really does it for me is the fact that the site regularly throws up 131 fans (and particularly Sport/Racing fans) from all corners of the globe. And they all have interesting stories to tell! Long may it continue..! Smiley

And yes I agree that an owners section would be an extra feature - Maybe Thotos is reading this...?? Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 11:09:14 PM »

After a quick session with the thinking cap, I decided not to mention Irish history!

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
sid131

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 11:16:34 PM »

should not mention strada/ritmo 125/130s either
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 11:19:22 PM »

Funny you should mention that, if you get my drift  Wink

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:25:30 PM »

What a great site this is.

Gee, thanks! ?Wink I better renew it then as it expires in a couple of weeks...  Undecided

I must admit to still being amazed and very pleasantly surprised at the popularity of the Fiat 131 around the world. What makes this site the success it is, is all of the people (nearly 300) who contribute to it and I'd like to thank every one of you for making this site such a success.

Coming to the suggestion for the new section, I think I see what you mean Dave but isn't that what the "Introduction" section is about? This is the place to tell us about yourself and your car (and don't forget to post some photos)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
mclements131

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 01:40:07 AM »

hiya guys   great  site  like a lot and   nice  membres  cheers   martin Grin Cheesy Wink Cheesy Cool Cool
131NZ

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 02:05:19 AM »

Hi Lads,
My 10pence worth is..... I agree with Dave. Would be nice to have a section where anyone can just browse owners cars in a gallery without going through various threads.  I realise i,m new to the site and no longer have my sport but just thought i would give my thoughts. I never tire of looking at the various models and must admit as to how surprised i am at the level of interest the 131 still creates over the many age groups and to the many 131 variants still survivng in the U.K. and Ireland. You have all done well to establish such a great site and long may it continue.
Cheers, Paul. Smiley

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
sid131

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 07:53:31 AM »

I have to agree because when you start to look for a picture thats in a thread somewhere you cant remember & get fed up looking for it after spending all day looking would be great if the pics were together without words or comments so you know where they all are, i dont know if this could be done but would be very handy, like i got in bother with a site for posting a pic here that i just saved from the internet not remembering where, & got suspended from that site for not asking permission first?? like ask permission of who? if i dont know where i got the pic in the first place.
i must say that the lads on this site dont go on & on & on about things like is still going on & on oh that other site about me posting a bloomin picture, god get a life.
Gremlino

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 03:01:32 PM »

the lads on this site dont go on & on & on about things

Apart from boot spoilers and now rear window 'loofers' Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Yep I agree with you guys, this is the place for free speech and mutual understanding.

If you happen to stumble onto other sites you soon discover that they descend into ranting on many of their topics......why go online to start an arguement......just tell the missus your buying another old Fiat
.......it never fails to start a row in my house Wink 

Signature has gone Kaput!
mick131

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 06:49:48 PM »

Have to say, that if it wasn't for this site, I would probably have sold EDN a long time ago  Grin, Angry.

I think that Dave's idea is a good one  Grin and it would save, as Sid says, looking through old threads etc to find an existing members car. It may even attract new members ??.

But what about all the photos posted in the " Introductions " section ??,  as Theo has mentioned. Would we all have to re-post them ??.

If these posts where just " moved ", would they not still have all the subsequent posts welcoming new members ??.

Mick Wilson
Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, UK.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 07:08:42 PM »

My idea of it would be that yes you would have to repost photos, but it would not take each member long to post up 2 or 3 of their best photos of their pride and joy. My thoughts were that this section should be reserved for cars which are up and running and suitable for daily use.

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 11:31:36 PM »

Ok guys, following Dave's suggestion I've created The Showroom section in the forum. People who have posted "Showroom" type posts in the Introductions section should be able to move their posts to the new section. If you are creating a new post in The Showroom then please DON'T repost the same photos again but use a pointer to the existing photo. To do that, right click on the existing photo and select "Properties" which should give you the URL or "pointer" to the picture. Enclose that "pointer" with [img ] and [/img ] and the photo should be displayed as part of the new message.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 04:38:03 AM »

Good addition to the site...just thinking about the topic subject titles...

If the section takes off in popularity and lots of cars are posted there should we not have a convention that supports the easy access/search for pictures and details of the cars...?

Maybe one suggestion would be to have the members username as the topic subject header rather than the registration number or type of car? Just realised though that the " started by" column provides the users name but I still think that reg no is not that useful...how about the model as Miro has done..? That way people can search for cars of the version that they are interested in..?

I dont know if this is possible but when posting a new thread could some standard questions pop up that prompt the user to provide some standard info like year of manufacture, engine cc, when bought, mods, plans, etc..? What do you guys think..? Smiley
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:42:49 AM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 11:43:21 AM »

Kev,

Liked your technical data element and modified my entry ...

Miro
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 11:47:43 AM by miro-1980 » Logged

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.