Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:05:19 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat 131 - the last significant Fiat ever built?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat 131 - the last significant Fiat ever built?  (Read 2787 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: November 07, 2007, 10:56:44 PM »

I was reading the Fiat story on VeloceToday, an on-line magazine about Italian cars (www.velocetoday.com) and I found their comments on the 131 very interesting:

"Fiat?s 131, particularly in Abarth Rallye guise, (400 built) is considered a semi classic today. Highly successful in the WRC, winning the Championship in 1977, 78 and 1980, it had superb performance and well balanced lines. The 131 Rally was a hallmark Lampredi effort. Lampredi had left the Fiat Engineering department in 1977 to take over the Abarth race and rally effort. In fact, the 131 may have been the last significant Fiat ever built. Readers and time will tell."

« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 01:49:04 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:08:47 PM »

Interesting comment Theo - However it's a subjective and quite general opinion although certainly one that would find favour on this site? Wink

From my perspective when the 131 Sport was discontinued I can say that there has never been a Fiat made that I have desired more - From a sporting angle one could argue maybe for the Ritmo Abarth, Uno Turbo, Tipo 16v, Stilo Abarth and more recently the Punto Abarth but none of these create an ownership desire in me like the Sport does, and I dont really think that any of these have such a widespread following as the Mirafiori.

For me it was the last of the boxy agressive Fiats (124/125/128/130/132/1500).. the Argenta was a rehashed 132 and the Regata was a booted Ritmo - so you can if you want create argument in favour of the statement...

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Kennedy of Sixmilebridge

all-italia.net

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 10:50:13 AM »

What about the newer roundy bug eyed Multipla ?

all-italia.net
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.