Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:40:58 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Sad news of the passing of one of our friends
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sad news of the passing of one of our friends  (Read 14060 times)
Kennedy of Sixmilebridge

all-italia.net

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »

Ballyouskil is a village about 5 miles south east of Abbeyleix,
on the Main Dublin to Cork road, in County Laois.

Gerry had said to me before,
that in the UNLIKELY event that he would ever die !!!!,
that he wanted a Show of FIAT Power at his funeral.

I said in reply to him, " Gerry, what if it is wet on the day of the Funeral,
you know NO one will take out their cars...."

He replied, "God would not be so cruel".

Regards, Graham Kennedy.

EDIT: I just reread this post:

Lads I think I need to say out loud
that ye are all invited.

OK ?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:52:49 PM by Kennedy of Sixmile » Logged

all-italia.net
gay131lover
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 11:59:55 PM »

if i were to say one thing about gerry iwould have to say many things he had the heart of a teen the mind of many you could say what you felt without getting a belt you could ring for a minute and take an hour to get off if you asked him for a hand he would land at your door if you asked for nothing he would still give you more i could type for an hour and still have more to say but may you rest in peace on this very sad day  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 04:37:35 PM »

Graham - Mark & I will aim to attend the Thursday service in our 131s as long as God is not TOO cruel on the day! Wink

Not sure about others but if anyone else hopes to try to honour Gerry's wish maybe they could post here and we can make our arrangements to meet, etc.

So at the moment Fiat Power should be represented by:

Mark W (131)
Brensports (I assume 131)
Kev (131)

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
brensport
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 05:06:35 PM »

Gerry: The final vintage run.
As you know Gerry's funeral is Thursday at 2pm and burial afterwards in the adjoining cemetery.
A few of us are going to bring out our old fiats, including some of Gerry's 132's. We will meet up outside my house in Ballinakill approx. 1pm.
When we are organised we will drive down, in convoy passed Gerry's house and continue on down to the church at Ballyouskil. The distance is approx. 3 miles, Where we will park up outside the church, as a mark of respect for Gerry and his love for everything FIAT.
If anyone wishes to contact me for imformation my mobile number is 0877646008.
BKFIAT

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 01:29:46 PM »

Indeed the untimely death of our dear friend is a tragic blow for us all. Nine years ago i first met Gerry and since then my brother(enda) and i became great friends with gerry.Gerry regularily came down roscommon for a days holidays.Last april 07,gerry painted my new home from top to bottom during the day and most nights we went for a few jars to the local. Gerrywas a great painter/decorater and done a fantastic job for my wife and I.He also was a lover of the arts,such as poetry,languages,history, but most of all ,Music. He truly enjoyed a good irish country band with a few beers with friends.It was truly an honour to have spent time socalising with gerry ,as over the course of time i was exposed to his wonderful sense of humour and views about various establishments which to me were both hillarious and insighful. All our sympathies are with graham and his  famaily for their deepest loss. Rest in peace Gerry..rest in peace friend.

fiat 131 1600,1300 1300S, 2000sp.? 127 1050,1050sport, 1300GT ,903s, x/19 1300,850sport, 132 1800ES,2X132 2000TC,900T CAMPER, 16V 2.0 Coupe,16v Marea,20v Marea, lada 1500cc estate,MINI 1000,Mahindra 4x4 2.1D& 2cvCo.Roscommon,Ireland.
Andy c

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 07:00:23 PM »

Along with so many others, Anita and I would like to pass on our condolences to Gerry's family, we only had the pleasure of meeting him at the 3MA event.
Never to be forgotten.

Andy & Anita xx

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
KRENZER JEAN

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 11:21:59 AM »

A VERY SAD NEW ...  I ONLY MET HIM ONE TIME BUT WILL NEVER FORGET.....
you remember when we tried to sing old irish songs at the Hotel's entry ??

Humor, availability and I indeed suppose many  other  qualities than I had no opportunity to discover.
so, don't be  sad in front of the empty cage  of the bird who flew away..

Jean and Dani?le+KRENZER
brensport
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 03:40:14 PM »

GERRY'S FIAT 132 THAT WILL NEVER RUST:
We visited Gerry's grave today and brought with us a gravestone which was made by Liz's brother Michael Ruddy. Thanks a mil mick.
We took some pics---------->

* jse_gerrys_head_stone_021.jpg (73.49 KB, 500x376 - viewed 530 times.)

* jse_gerrys_head_stone_019.jpg (77.38 KB, 376x500 - viewed 425 times.)
brensport
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 03:42:29 PM »

and another one

* jse_gerrys_head_stone_023.jpg (84.51 KB, 500x376 - viewed 434 times.)
Kennedy of Sixmilebridge

all-italia.net

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2008, 03:58:39 PM »

Gerry would have been chuffed to bits.

I can't say too much more about it today,
as I'm a bit upset, but for all the right reasons !

all-italia.net
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »

It's certainly sad to see this and be reminded that Gerry is no longer with us but he would have loved that headstone - Absolutely LOVED it! It's a terrific piece of handwork - Credit to the craftsman!

Am I right in thinking it's a series 2 GLS?? Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Kennedy of Sixmilebridge

all-italia.net

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 08:38:10 AM »

I still can't get over this. It's fantastic.

The big pity is that himself can't see it....

all-italia.net
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.