Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:55:48 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Who is going out in the snow...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who is going out in the snow...  (Read 4270 times)
theredx19
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:54:40 AM »

look forward to taking the car out on the snow when i get home tonight, think it might be my childish side coming out here Grin Grin Grin
Walezy

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »

Today i will put the engine to the car and hopefully tommorow i will test it on the snow(or at least what is left on the roads).
When it was snowing here my car had no engine so i could not make any sideways driving with 131 but i have stolen my wife's subaru impreza and had a lot of fun. Unfortunately the winters in Poland are not that good nowadays. I remember that i was going for a rides every evening with my friend in his rally honda civic and often i came back with fenders broken due to to fast driving. the longest bend i took sideways that i have measured was 300m bend that i could take on full 4th gear Smiley

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 04:37:05 PM »

What snow  Huh Huh We didn't get any in London  Undecided So we can't go playing...  Embarrassed

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
theredx19
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 05:11:07 PM »

Yeah Thotos getting ready to go home now but it has rained so I dont get to play now either Cry Cry Cry
ger

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 05:32:14 PM »

Hi lads,

So ye are going out to play in the SNOW, well knowone asked me if i'd like to go. So i prayed for RAIN( i'm taking my ball in). No KIV(theredx19) i don't think it's the child in you that wants to go play in the snow , it's the ESKIMO. Anyway when we get a fall of snow in Ireland (1 inch) the whole country shuts down and doesn't know what to do , eccept us 131er's. Now thats what true fun is. What do ye think ?  Cheesy Grin Wink Tongue
 Ger

Die Young at a Very Old Age.............3 times 131 owner(1300/1600cl & 2lt Gun Metal Grey Sport) and now the proud owner 01 Punto Sporting 1.2lt  6 speed 16 valve (black); 89 E30 BMW 316i; 96 Saab 900 ; and a 7 seater for the clan
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 06:00:08 PM »

What snow? Huh Huh

Did someone say "what snow"?

Have a look at these...! A commute that normally takes 15 minutes took me an hour this morning with 4 accidents along the way (not mine). This much snow fell in 30 minutes.

Had a scary moment in my ABS & ESP'd Passat when I went to brake behind a stopped truck in a q of traffic - No stopping power at all as what I thought was slush and muck was hard ice - I had to steer around the truck and pull up in the lane alongside him - Luckily no oncoming traffic!! Roll Eyes

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
theredx19
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 10:07:59 PM »

If you had your 131 out you would not have been going quick enough to stop hard as you would have been having too much fun going sideways, or as they say round my way "diff it out" Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.