Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:21:33 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Bitch to start some times
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch to start some times  (Read 33613 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2009, 11:39:17 AM »

but other have different opinion about the resistor.

No, I think we are in agreement about the resistor. The Bosch coil MUST have it's resistor in place otherwise it will have 12V on its primary winding and eventually burn out. I also said further up in this thread that these electronic units work best with their OE coils but presumably a 'standard' coil will work reasonably well too although will only provide the sort of spark one would get from a 'standard' points system. The main difference in the coils between standard and electronic is in the primary windings incidentally. There's a limit to the amount of current that a set of points can 'sink' without burning out. Coils intended for electronic ignition units have lower impedance primary windings  and will therefore require much higher current which is not a problem for the switching transistor in the electronic control modules. 

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »

Thanks Thotos,

this explains it clearly.

I was not entirely clear of the differences.

Miro

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
106usj

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2009, 10:15:13 PM »

Theo & Miro
Thanks again you two always have an answer and info to back it up. !!
I will follow up when i get time.
106usj

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »

Ok Theo.
Here is my solution to the crankshaft breather pipe and the 6mm pipe of the bottom of the carb made it up today and fitted.

* DSC00745.JPG (130.35 KB, 640x480 - viewed 564 times.)

* DSC00755.JPG (134.59 KB, 640x480 - viewed 549 times.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.