Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:15:26 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3MA Turin 2009
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3MA Turin 2009  (Read 15850 times)
effe131

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori 1.3 Tc 1983

« on: May 28, 2008, 10:29:56 AM »

Hello friendly beloveds of the 131, from time to time I write on the forum but however I follow to you every day! I wanted to make mine it compliments for the optimal resolution of 3MA 2008 and has read with it appeal to that probably the next year own to Turin is wanted to be organized 3MA, city where our glorious car has been born. I confirm my availability to being able to collaborate with you for being able to organize the gathering to Turin here, since I live just in city and job in the municipality of Turin, therefore also in order to ask authorizations for the development for the same gathering, I can moreover ask Fiat a its eventual involvement besides being able to even organize a tourist distance passing for langhe and the Monferrato Therefore friendly, if you have need you also ask? I I am most available Hello Effe131/Michele Turin  Wink

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:15:00 AM »

Hello Michele and thanks for your offer to help organise 3MA-2009. Your offer of help is most welcome, it's not easy organising such things from afar and from past experience the Italians like to deal with people who speak Italian and none of the three mad amigos do  Embarrassed.

We have a fairly good idea of what we want to do for 3MA-2009 but nothing has been decided fully yet; not even the dates. At the moment it looks like the last week in June is the favourite.  We have a few hotels in mind and once we finalise the dates we'll contact them to see what deal we can get as a group. Of course if you know of any nice hotels with a big car park in the Turin area we'd be pleased to hear about them. My suggestion is that we base ourselves in Moncalieri  but I must stress it's just a suggestion.

We would like to organise a guided visit to the Mirafiori factory and of course we must visit the Mirafiori village and take a group photo under the "mirafiori" sign!  Cheesy

For now maybe you can answer one question: I heard that new laws prohibit older cars from driving in Turin these days which, if true, means we won't be able to drive through Turin with our 131s. Is this true?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 11:20:45 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
effe131

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 04:59:51 PM »

Regarding the limitations to the traffic they are relative to euros 0, therefore the 131 and the prohibition is from the 13,00 to the 18,30 but only from the monday to the friday, it is also true that l' decree of the mayor of Turin excludes from saying provision the automobiles that o to an official gathering, therefore is a problem that lascerei for last also because like I said working in municipality I can begin to ask ulterior information and to ask just l' support of Fiat, dell' asi that is l' car-motion Italian historical club and at last the historical registry Fiat, obviously with these supports is also simpler to ask the authorizations the municipality for the transit in prohibited zones or however pauses in the beautifulr zones of the city like Saint Public square Carl (the drawing-room of Turin) recently pedonalizzata (I enclose photo). It would have to know it with some month d' advance payment, so as to be able to organize very well all also for you that arrived from far away and that you can be received in perfect way! Other routes could be even the Langhe and the Moneferrato, beyond obviously to Fiat Mirafiori with turn on the track of the factory. However we are all' beginning and we have a bag of time for being able to organize all correctly and well! hello michele

* PiazzaSanCarlo4.jpg (96.9 KB, 800x600 - viewed 624 times.)

kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 05:46:42 PM »

Hello Michele

For some time we have been talking about 3MA09 in Italy and it appears that many people are interested in joining up for that event - More than 3MA08 certainly and possibly even more than 3MA07.

We have some ideas agreed in the last few weeks but one of the biggest problems was not knowing the local area and we always said that having someone in Italy to help us would be invaluable.? Wink

It sounds like maybe you are that person and we would be delighted if you could help us with local issues and suggestions, especially helping with Fiat and factory visits - I would personally love to drive my 131 around the roof top test track that Fiat has.
? Grin
Great that you have made contact and let's work together to make it really special.? Cool

Theo - You mentioned late June as a possible date - Was it not the last week in May that we were awaiting confirmation from Wendy about..?? Huh

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 09:44:32 PM »

Was it not the last week in May that we were awaiting confirmation from Wendy about..?  Huh

Now you mention it, you're right! This old age and failing memory is getting to be a real handicap... Embarrassed Late June is also good with me though!  Wink

The rooftop track is at Lignotto which is now a hotel and shopping centre. The track is no longer used for anything other than VERY special occasions and I doubt we'll be considered special enough  Undecided Then again if we don't ask we'll never get so it's worth trying for it.

I believe the track that Michele referred to is the test track at the Mirafiori factory; it will be great if we can get a few laps of that one! Fiat own several test and development tracks so getting to drive any one of them will be a special treat for us. 

It will also be great to arrange our static display show on the Saturday or Sunday in Saint Carlos square; that will really be special.

Our biggest problem in getting anything organised is not knowing numbers. If we have just 6 or 7 cars and about 10-12 people we'll get nothing offered. If, on the other hand, we have 15-20 cars or more and 30 or more people we are more likely to be taken seriously. So I'll add a 3ma09 "Interest registration" form on the website for people to declare their interest in attending without (yet) needing to commit to anything.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
effe131

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:44:20 AM »

the track of which I spoke to era that about the tests of mirafiori Fiat, in fact own l' past year is used for the festeggiamenti of the 500 and the bianchina. therefore a lot probabilemnte Fiat will give its ok for l' I use of the track! certainly more Fiat 131 is succeeded to group better will be senz' other the good escape of the gathering. it would be beautiful to assemble from the " mirafiori" to the " supermirafiori" from the " panorama" to the " maratea" from the " racing" or " mirafiori sport" to the " abarth"!

* portrait-03.jpg (56.11 KB, 455x668 - viewed 615 times.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:42:10 AM by effe131 » Logged

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 07:06:51 AM »

Yes, getting at least one of each of the different 131 variants at 3ma09 will be a great achievement (so Kevin, leave your Sport at home and bring the Super!  Grin) but I seriously doubt that we can achieve this goal  Embarrassed

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 01:37:07 PM »

So, it will be again the Volumetrico? Nice to show it at it's former owner!

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
effe131

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 04:31:11 PM »

to Turin c' it is l' alluvium Shocked? the city bridges have been already sluices and a hospital has been evacuated and is alone all' beginning of the perturbation Embarrassed!
however returning to the 3MA of 2009 Grin to Turin I know of the friends who have the volumetric one Wink!
I enclose a photo of the river " dora" in flood! it has been released today afternoon!

* 2905_img_2211.jpg (57.4 KB, 540x360 - viewed 583 times.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 04:49:03 PM by effe131 » Logged

simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 07:23:13 PM »

Yes, it looks like it's me (well, my wife at least) that you are waiting for regarding dates. Unfortunatley it is half-term holiday so we'll not be able to confirm the dates until at least Monday I'm afraid, when the school is open again.

After numerous discussions on the topic however it may all prove to be academic (no pun intended Undecided), but at the moment we'll work towards the 'out of SATS' period.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Cool

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
theredx19
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 07:34:29 PM »

Well have any dates been set yet and how are we getting there, are we going to use the car train for speed or are we all driving in convoy as I am trying to see which car I should bring, x1/9 for my sun tan, 124 for a bit of a roasting over the alps again or the Dino for a gentlemans tour Grin Grin Grin
theredx19
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 09:17:39 PM »

No offence taken  Grin but just with the Irish crew it is a long drive although I have no problem driving straight down (24hrs from Tuscany to Calet and that is with no sat nav or maps) but it is another days driving across the uk to get to Dover. Would we be able to make it a week as if there are any mechanical issues on the way the day planned in Italy could disappear very easily Shocked Shocked Shocked
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 09:49:54 PM »

if there are any mechanical issues on the way

Bite your tongue!!!  Grin The 131s never break down, not seriously enough to loose a day anyway. But that's why we'll most probably start the official festivities on Wednesday morning giving people the chance to use two days (Monday and Tuesday) to get there or if some want a more leisurely drive to Turin and maybe even avoid the motorways then they can use the preceding weekend giving them up to four days to get there.

As far as the Irish convoy, you have two choices:
1) as you suggest to drive through the UK and possibly meet the UK convoy at Dover
or
2) take the ferry straight from Ireland to France  and possibly join the other convoys at the overnight stay.

Either way, you'll probably need to set off on the Sunday or be prepared to do a lot of driving over just two days.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Gremlino

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 10:19:27 PM »

Oh yes Theo it has to be drive all the way ?Grin

I've driven to northern Italy many times and to those whove never been I would say that apart from the UK, France is the only part of the journey that is tiresome......endless uniform autoroute, rows of trees, flat fields of dull beige with only 'Richarde Turpain' at the peayage to break the monotony Cheesy

Ah but how it all changes when you reach the Alps!!!

If you go through the Mont Blanc Tunnel its 11km of white concrete with blue neon spacing lights and when you get into Italy the Aosta valley has its fast sweeping autostrada through and over the hills (awesome and empty at night!).
If you go Frejus Tunnel its not as long (more direct) but just as free moving.
Either way, out of the tunnels on both sides the scenery is gorgeous.

Mmm.....131s in convoy on their way back home to Mirafiori..........marvellous Grin

P.S.

I've just seen the thread 'the trip home'..........better pics than mine!

* Alps from the autoroute 1.jpg (438.34 KB, 1409x1799 - viewed 474 times.)

* Alps 2.jpg (427.79 KB, 2800x1390 - viewed 528 times.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:53:57 PM by Gremlino » Logged

Signature has gone Kaput!
eugene

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 09:25:49 AM »

No offence taken? Grin but just with the Irish crew it is a long drive although I have no problem driving straight down (24hrs from Tuscany to Calet and that is with no sat nav or maps) but it is another days driving across the uk to get to Dover. Would we be able to make it a week as if there are any mechanical issues on the way the day planned in Italy could disappear very easily Shocked Shocked Shocked
On saturday 5 july 08 a friend of mine is driving from Cork/Ireland to Ulan Bator in Mongolia in a Lada Niva and back again.He will do it for charity.Last year he did it in a Nissan micra which he got in a scrap yard for nothing.
So i don't know what your problem is about driving to Turin. Roll Eyes.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.