Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:32:03 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  site problem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: site problem  (Read 14020 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 09:52:21 AM »

Thank you very much for your offer to help Sean and sorry if my post sounded unappreciative; it certainly wasn't meant to be and I very much appreciate your offer for help and a bit of scripting.  Wink  But I believe this website and its forum should remain independent and free and both those attributes would be lost if we start advertising and/or asking for money.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
sid131

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 10:39:22 AM »

Fair enough Theo but the www.ae86irl.com is also free & they moved because of the problems thats going on here, i only suggested a fee or as others said donations just to help if possible.
eugene

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 11:46:13 AM »

Heres an idea.Could Fiat be approached and asked for some sponsership for this site,after all,it is this site that is preserving there excellent cars of the past Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.For Fiat,there is nothing like sponsering yourself Grin.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 11:57:30 AM »

Unfortunately Fiat don't think of the 131 as highly as we do. It's an old model as far as they are concerned which no longer makes them any money. We contacted Fiat UK for 3ma08 sponsorship in Scotland and we couldn't even get a reply from them. In the end after endless emails and phone calls and eventual contact with the MD of Fiat UK we received a reply saying "our Marketing department will look into this and will contact you if there's anything we can do". And after that we heard nothing, nada!  Angry  This year, while eventually we managed to get good service from Fiat in Italy and arrange the factory visit etc, it was not easy at all and nothing would have happened if Michelle (effe131) had not contacted them - Italians only deal with Italians!  Roll Eyes  I used to call them or email them and they replied to Michele!  Undecided The only part of Fiat that was of any help to us was Fiat in Ireland who agreed to sponsor us for 3ma07 and donated some goodies which we used for prizes.  So if you can contact Fiat Ireland and convince them to give us a few hundred Euros per year for a nice dedicated server then I'd go for that!   Wink Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 12:20:32 PM »

Latest reply from the website's hosts below. So there you have it officially, there are no problems.  Huh You are all imagining all the problems which do not exist  Angry Grin

* godaddysupport.jpg (73.43 KB, 525x349 - viewed 400 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
eugene

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 12:31:37 PM »

It all depends on who you meet in Fiat or for that matter in any company,but a personal touch is better than an e-mail.If Fiat were to sponser this site,there would have to be something in it for Fiat to cough up the MONEY,so i propose to put this to Fiat,allow them to put a small photo of each of there new cars at the top or bottom of the 131 web page with links to there various new models.Of course you would always have control of this site,but in order to get money,you will need some kind of carrot.
It is best to approach to someone who knows someone else,ie a Fiat dealership who would take your case further up the line.Cold calling to someone at the top(MD)who you don't know,can result in you being told to get lost.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
theredx19
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 12:45:58 PM »

Dont worry Eugene there is probably very few people in Fiat Ireland who I would not be friendly with and with know them outside of the company but with the downturn in the trade there is very little advertising or sponsorship out there.... But as regards the problem with the server here is a little vid that shows the technical issues with changing servers  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKsSOEto3B0
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 01:28:23 PM »

Could Fiat be approached and asked for some sponsership for this site

allow them to put a small photo of each of there new cars at the top or bottom of the 131 web page with links to there various new models

Eugene, first you suggested sponsorship but then you changed it to advertising; those are two totally different concepts. We certainly don't won't to go down the advertising route.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
eugene

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 01:48:51 PM »

Was only trying to help.Eugene

djape1977

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 09:32:41 PM »

change server guys! any way you know, just do it.
about fiat not beeing interested in 131...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYG2tFIaSwI

maybe you could contact abarth division

get a bigger hammer!
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »

Seems to be working much better again now. Perhaps your contact with them got it mysteriously sorted Theo Grin

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 09:55:50 PM »

Yes, it seems much better now; fingers crossed it stays like this  Smiley  While I tried several changes and tweaks to improve performance I am sure it's nothing I've done  Undecided  Our hosts GoDaddy must have done something to improve matters but they are not admitting to it because that would mean them admitting to the fact that they had a problem and that's something they always denied. 

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
alan.acs

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 07:51:07 PM »

Thanks Theo site seems to be back to normal and still the best site.

sid131

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 08:17:46 PM »

Yes i agree with Alan still the best site even better than the celica site? & thats saying something!
working fine now.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.