Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:53:41 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  wide arch 131 ,is it yours
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wide arch 131 ,is it yours  (Read 14538 times)
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« on: February 13, 2010, 02:59:02 PM »

This  good looking 131 is down at marks , me and  theo had a quick look  intergale  8v engine needing a wasted spark ignition to be wired in and set up,
 the owners from up north ,yorks i think ae you on here ..... Smiley

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
106usj

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »

Body looks good whats it really like after you have seen it up close ??
In general and underneath??
theredx19
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 09:35:15 PM »

Did you ask the owners permission as I would not be impressed with pics appearing of my car in a garage...
david

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 09:38:20 PM »

According to dvla this has not been on the road since end july 1994
106usj

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 10:01:50 PM »

Well looks good anyways !!
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:25:50 PM »

Lovely looking car up close looks well sorted and finished  Smiley,just mechanicles needed a bit of sorting out
 with front wheel drive turbo engine

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
turb

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 10:27:55 PM »

Would be great to have some up close and personal shots of how they have approached installing the engine, as its a similar conversion to mine, but I do agree with The Red Lad, with permission. Would also like to know what the ignition system is thats being put on?
theredx19
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 05:39:03 PM »

Well Turb what system are you using in your car
turb

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 09:27:10 AM »

At the moment I have a distributor coming off the back of the inlet cam that will impale the fire wall when fitted, so I either do alittle trimming with the angle grinder ( effective and cheap, but I dislike cutting Italian metal that hasn't had a chance to rust yet! ), or I do something similar to the later 16v fiat models with there coil per cylinder wasted spark set up. But more research required.
Maybe this is being fitted here?
Bob131

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 09:47:24 AM »

this car was originally orange. I bought most of the panels of this car a few years ago from a chap in linconshire who at that point was getting rid of all his 131 toys, had the shell of this car in his barn.

* uvb 830t.jpg (154.5 KB, 800x600 - viewed 492 times.)

131 sport RHD UK supplied
sid131

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 09:59:51 AM »

another one ruined, hammerbeirne will agree with me  Huh Huh
hammerbeirne

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 11:36:30 AM »

I sure do Sid why not abarthise an old 1300 2 door instead of a beauty like this was Sad
barry

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 01:19:05 PM »

Hi guys thats my car i forgot what it looked like as mark has had it some considerable time and nothing has been acheived.
Now i know it is not to everyones liking but thats life and it would be boring if we all wanted the same. The photo that bob has put up is quite a few years old and believe me the rubbish respray job (all be it shiney looking) makes the car look better than it was. I bought the car off my brother the guy bob bought quite a lot of spares off as it was sitting there rotting away as he had lost interest in it. When i finally got my hands on it there was some soul searching keep it original or do something else, after stripping it down to the shell and also taking into account that the n/s rear quarter panel had been reversed into and needed replacing and the interior was un repairable and quite frankly revolting i decided modifyed is then.
To be honest if wanted a nice original one i would have gone to italy where there are some stunners and converted to r/h drive instead of messing around trying to make silk purse out of a pigs ear but again each to their own i'm not knocking it but thats what i would do.
If anyone wants to know more about it fine but i do not want to get into arguments over preferences as certain other site was down right abusive for daring to be different. regards to all on this great site barry   
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 02:01:01 PM »

Cheers fo getting in touch Barry, it still looks a beauty  and hope it'll be on the road soon ,i think your next in line ..
  what problems did you have with the stater next to the turbo on that side ..
 jason

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
sid131

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 02:20:41 PM »

Hi Barry no arguments just a bit of slagging thats all no harm intended, tell us more about it & pics if you have any, good luck with her, seems to be a long waiting time with that mark fella?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.