Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:49:16 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  MTC 59Y - Where is it now..?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MTC 59Y - Where is it now..?  (Read 5613 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: January 10, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »

I came across this car around 1993/4. The owner lived in the Bristol area and was a member of the FTCR.

I can't recall much of the conversation as it was quite short but I do remember that the car was mid restoration as can be seen by the photos.

What is interesting is that I have a theory that Fiat registered a bunch of Sports at the end of their life cycle all with the reg no MTC - I'm sure it is no co-incidence that MTC stands for Mirafiori Twin Cam and may have been subtle sales ploy with Series 3 cars already in the show rooms by the time the Y registration came around in Aug 1982.

Enjoy the pics...

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:07:46 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
sid131

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 10:38:08 PM »

Thats a cool bootlid spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mclements131

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 10:46:05 PM »

beta weels real sweeet guys, man i love thes car Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy thank
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 10:58:16 PM »

Wasn't there a car for sale reported recently with the same type Beta wheels?

Jason H used to have a Gunmetal Grey Sport with an MTC registration. In fact I believe it was Jason who added black number plate screws between the letters so it was actually "M.T.C." Jason's car was sold to a guy near Chelmsford and I know all this because I bought some parts from the guy in Chelmsford (passenger door, complete rear axle and a few other bits).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:08:32 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 10:36:19 PM »

hi .. ots 49 y even i had to go and check and that one of simons old sports in back ground

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 07:03:42 AM »

That pic was taken a few years ago Ja Shocked, some time around 1991/2. Can you remember where we all were? Looks as though it could be Brooklands. Looks like it was a beautifully warm summer's day too, as all the windows and sunroofs are open Grin

You are quite correct about the other black car in the background. It is, or should I say was, mine. Cry It's JPD969V - the car that was featured in Classic and Sportcars way back in 1992. Nice to see it again - even if it is only in the background. Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
haggler

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »

I remember this car. I used to see it every day on my way to work in Bristol back in 91/92. Then in the late nintys i found this car in a car park in yate near Bristol. It was in the same condition as in the pics. I needed parts for mine so i tracked down the owner who worked near where i found the car. He told me he was going to restore it. Not long after that the car disappered. Dont know if it was restored have not seen it since. Cry 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.