Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:02:27 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  We seek them here, we seek them there, we seek them everywhere (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  NAY180W & WNB871X
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NAY180W & WNB871X  (Read 4821 times)
DAZ 180W

« on: August 14, 2009, 10:37:45 PM »

Hello,
       I wonder if anybody out there can tell me if any of the above cars are still running. My first ever car was  a black 131 sport with gold cromodora alloys, and burnt orange interior, reg.no. W180NAY. I bought the car from a garage in West Bridgeford in Nottingham in May 1983 it had 26500 on the clock.
          In October that year whilst en-route to spectate at a rally at a  local airfield, I lost it on a tightening bend, went into a ditch, hit a tree square on bounced back and hit another tree square on with the rear, ending up facing the way I was going but in the ditch, I could have cried, my pride and joy, a steaming wreck.
        I sold it to a fella from Norwich, he said he would do it up and restore it with parts from another he had.
        My second car, which I bought about 2 months later was also a 131 sport, I`d got the bug you see. It was gunmetal grey, again burnt orange interior, 18000 on the clock reg.no. WNB871X.This car I was to keep for 7 years in which time I clocked up146000 miles.
       Sadly, it was my fault again that this car had to go.I had just changed the cambelt with the help of my father, we were`nt sure if the timing marks were aligned properly so we put a socket on the crank and manually turned it round, it seemed o.k.
        It must have been at least 3 weeks later when on my way to work, what I mistook for noisy tappets, must have been the valves hitting the pistons, it blew. I coasted onto the hard shoulder, tried to take a plug out, but to no avail.Got it home took the head off, and there was the evidence no.3 piston had contacted the valves.I just threw the head in the boot, that was that.Again a fella rang me to say he will take it as a donor car.
         The best 2 cars I`ve ever had. I was in the forces at the time and used to go home at weekends a 400 mile round trip, used to be pleasure in these cars. I hope someone could shed some light on the fate of these 2 cars, it would be great to hear about them.

Cheers Daz
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 10:49:25 PM »

First one does not seem to exist. Wrong number perhaps?

Second one:

The enquiry is complete 

The vehicle details for WNB 871X are: 

Date of Liability  24 10 1989 
Date of First Registration  26 02 1982 
Year of Manufacture  1982 
Cylinder Capacity (cc)  1995CC 
CO2 Emissions  Not Available 
Fuel Type  Petrol 
Export Marker  Not Applicable 
Vehicle Status  Unlicensed 
Vehicle Colour  GREY 
Vehicle Type Approval  null 
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry. 
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle     
6 Months Rate  ?104.50 
12 Months Rate  ?190.00 

Untaxed since 1989 so either stored somewhere or gone.  Cry

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
sid131

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 07:04:58 AM »

Hi Daz welcome to the forum, do you have any pics of the cars & if so could you post them on for us to share?
DAZ 180W

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 10:02:12 PM »

Sorry about that, got the number the wrong way round, it should read NAY 180W.Secondly I am at present trying to locate some photo`s of the cars, this may take some time as I don`t recall seeing any for about 20 yrs, as soon as I find them I will post them.

Cheers  Daz
sid131

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 10:18:16 PM »

looking forward to seeing the pics Daz.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.