Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:02:22 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  suspension coil springs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: suspension coil springs  (Read 10831 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 04:20:50 PM »

Thanks Theo Wink.I thought you might have said no ::)Eugene

Why would you think that Eugene!  Huh Wink

I can tell you - Ask me ...ask me!!!  Grin Grin Wink

OK, I'm asking, I'm asking....  Huh  Wink

Do you remember when the forum was first created (by your goodself Theo) we did have discussions about the merits of multiple subject matter headings or just a single heading for all postings - Your view was to have a single heading ala the Fiat Motor Club GB forum in its previous form - You did come around to 3 or 4 at the first re-design and then progressively added more as the forum developed and gathered momentum. I'm not sure if you changed your mind ..or just acceded to the perceived demand Smiley

Now that we have 10 sections I'd suggest that we have more than enough as I'd personally like to keep it simple and to avoid the multiple options that some motoring fourms provide with the result that the majority are ignored.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:45:29 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 04:41:37 PM »

Yes I was and to a certain extend still am, a believer in the "one large bucket" type of forum.  I like simple things that tend to go well with my simple brain  Undecided  Grin and as far as a general discussion type forum I think a single large bucket is the best way to go. But this forum has grown far beyond my expectations and it's frequented by people who are both logical and knowledgeable and well up to the task of using the correct sections for their posts. So you might say that as far a this forum is concerned I have changed my mind  Wink Mind you, the "Down to business" section could be used to post links to businesses such as the suppliers of springs but I think the new "Connections" section can be used to post links to other interesting websites as well, not just to suppliers' websites.

Now don't get me started on the FMC forum! Everyone was asking for multiple sections and now they have them they don't like them and "for sale" and "events" postings end up in "General discussion". Someone even posted in "General Discussion" telling people he put a car for sale in the "For sale and wanted" section!  Angry  There's a lot of changes happening on the FMC so maybe someone else will take over the website and forum....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:43:26 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 04:53:55 PM »

Thotos,

No problem .. Connections is perfect !

By th way ths what the spring guys send me back :

HELLO

Yes we can help.1 car set -delivered in the UK WILL COST ?160+VAT.
20 WORKING DAYS from receipt of order with cheque.

Regards

NEIL  SATUR @ POWERCOIL

Factastic guys !!!

Miro

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
eugene

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »

Thanks Theo Wink.I thought you might have said no ::)Eugene

Why would you think that Eugene!  Huh Wink
Extra work for you Theo,something i am sure that you don't need. Wink.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.