Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:23:31 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Strut brace specs??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strut brace specs??  (Read 6041 times)
Che

« on: September 28, 2014, 08:01:43 AM »

As there isn't a commercially available strut brace, I am having one made up. Could any of you that have them fitted do me a huge favour and post up any specs you have for them? I know a few of you have already made them up. Also, any pics would be a huge help too. Many thanks

'Salesmen are today's great communicators. They are out there pushing cars, real estate, advertising.
 That is where the real morality is played out in society today.'
 Jeff Koons. b.1955
miro-1980

Abarth leads the way !

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »

Viva Che !

Mine is not exactly homologated version, but it has one advantage.

It enabled me to put in a large air box.  Otherwise the cross bar goes just above carbs.

If you have horizontal carbs or a Kugelfisher, oor want to keep the trumpets open - the  Abarth strut will work fine. But if you use IDFs and want to protect your engine with an air filter or like me want to draw air from outside these will not work well.

If you want to build one like mine I can measure it and give you the specs later in October.

See pictures  

* abarth brace replica 1.jpg (57.56 KB, 640x480 - viewed 985 times.)

* abarth brace replica 2.jpg (62.52 KB, 640x480 - viewed 887 times.)

* abarth brace replica 3.jpg (89.88 KB, 768x512 - viewed 958 times.)

* my strut brace .jpg (88.55 KB, 730x547 - viewed 990 times.)

Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Gr4 1976 (replica)
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally Gr4 1973 (replica)
Che

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:03:30 PM »

Thank you Miro! Smiley

That is a real help. As mine is running a K&N filter your design would suit me better as it will avoid the issue you mention with the filter. Measurements would be a huge help. Thank yo again Smiley

'Salesmen are today's great communicators. They are out there pushing cars, real estate, advertising.
 Jeff Koons. b.1955
simon abarth

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »

hi che, I think marko (131 rally) to the already done it all.
after, I do not know the price?
pascal
Che

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 03:47:22 PM »

Thank you Pascal,

Marko, if you are already able to make these up, would you be willing to make me one? It would save me messing around with dimensions and the engineering shop Smiley Smiley

Jeff Koons. b.1955
Che

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 12:51:32 PM »

Now that I have finally moved into my new house, I can again begin the work on my car, so wanted to bump this up

If anyone has a brace for sale, I would be interested
If anyone who has made them wants to make one up, I'd be interested in paying for it to be made
Any other options?

Many thanks

Che

Jeff Koons. b.1955
Tas131

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 09:26:42 AM »

Are these worth the trouble on a road car? My suspension is quite stiff, so much so that my windscreen squeaks in the rubber when I hit a decent bump.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.