Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:14:44 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Dash removal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dash removal  (Read 3676 times)
idahobrava

« on: December 02, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »

t is now time to start the interior part of the Air Conditioning project... I need info on the tricks to remove the dash to get started... I have a factory manual that shows all the fasteners that hold it together, does the steering wheel have to come off to remove the dash?  I need to get started through the long winter with thoughts of a cool summer.  Mike Stinson
rallydiego

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 03:28:18 PM »

As far as I can remember, You don't have to remove the steering wheel in order to remove the dash. Bear in mind that my car didn't have aircon at that time. Smiley

My name is Dirk. Cars: '81 Fiat 131 racing,'02 + '04 Multipla 1.9 JTD, '99 Barchetta, '19 Fiat Tipo SW, 2018 jeep Cherokee 2.2 jtd , '02 lancia Lybra 1.9 JTD, '06 Fiat Panda.
idahobrava

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 03:49:20 PM »

Thanks, Dirk,  The only part that will be stock will be the heater/evaporator box out of an A/C car.  The compressor mount and compressor will be on the right side of the car not above the altenator as with the stock set up.  I'll be using a different condenser mounted in front of the radiator as well.  All the controls will be converted to cable operation because of not being to locate the vacuum controller.  Mike Stinson
Tas131

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 11:36:11 PM »

I had to do this a few months back to remove the A/C bits from my 131. Access is a lot easier if the steering wheel is removed. Some photos, starting around February '14.
http://103.15.178.43/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4089&sid=6bf7ea3259719e2d0c78a77414dfd424

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.