Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:16:39 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  gearbox change possible?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: gearbox change possible?  (Read 4748 times)
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« on: September 25, 2011, 09:24:20 PM »

I saw this question in a car magazine and am interested if somebody knows here the answer? Yes the car is interesting in my opinion and very scarce.I myself should keep it original for sure!!!
Fiat 124 Special T Automatic. Mount a 5 speeder in this car easy possible?

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »

I know someone who had an Auto 124ST and sold it to someone who was changing it to manual. I think it was going to be 5-speed manual but I'll call tomorrow and find out. I need to chase a door hinge anyway and it's the same person I need to speak to ...  Wink Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:51:50 PM »

It is possible but you need a new propshaft as the one on the manual is a bit longer...

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »

I spoke to Mark at Italian Race Services and he said that while he has not done it himself, it is possible without too much difficulty as he's seen it done. The biggest problem, as he saw it,  is in getting all the required parts. As well as the gearbox, you'll need a flywheel, clutch, clutch cable, manual pedal box (bolts on apparently) propshaft and starter motor as they are different between manual and automatic. The starter motors are fitted on the other side on automatics. He said the conversion he saw used a 132 gearbox.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »

Thanks Theo and Stathe Smiley

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 11:38:32 PM »

You are very welcome!

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.