Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:30:17 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Not a 131 but a MB W116 280S I bought today
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a 131 but a MB W116 280S I bought today  (Read 20687 times)
hector
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 09:34:17 PM »

never mind them boys albert it is a beautiful car  as for sense of irish humour cork is the strangiest Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
CkRacing

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2009, 05:19:50 PM »

Are you Hector the dog from Hectors House on tv in the 60s early 70s? & Albert is there a good banger racing scene in Holland? that is what you are going to do with that pile of poo merc?

any movement yet redx19?
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2009, 08:21:14 PM »

Just because you may not like Mercs there is no need to be rude about another members car. Albert is a true enthusiast with some lovely cars and if he chooses to add another to his collection whatever it is good for him.

There appear to be too many people on here at the moment being negative towards others. By all means express your opinion but we should try to consider others feelings.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
eugene

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »

Well said Mirafioriman.Albert,take no notice as they are just JEALOUS of you Wink Grin.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
theredx19
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 11:52:44 PM »

Spot on Eugene your right there alot of condescending people who often say that cars are not worth what they are looking for. As for me not liking Mercs they may not be my cup of tea but Alberts is a clean one but if I had a contempt for Mercs I would have cut my s class up for parts rather then basically give it to a local lad who had a passion and wanted to restore it to its glory  Grin Grin
theredx19
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 12:05:07 AM »

God I even had one of them as a tow car but it was the 280 se model but I hated it that much the only pleasure I had was ramming the auto-box back into 1st at 50 mph, how that engine screamed in pain? Shocked Shocked but Albert she is a clean looking lump of a car Grin Grin, well wrecking the engine was part of this unknown thing called "the Irish sense of humour Roll Eyes Roll Eyes"
Spot on Eugene your right there alot of condescending people who often say that cars are not worth what they are looking for. As for me not liking Mercs they may not be my cup of tea but Alberts is a clean one but if I had a contempt for Mercs I would have cut my s class up for parts rather then basically give it to a local lad who had a passion and wanted to restore it to its glory Grin Grin
131NZ

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 09:16:09 AM »

Shes a nice beast albert. My opinion is any car in that condition is worth looking after. And that goes for any car from a rolls to a lada!!! Good luck with her. Smiley

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
theredx19
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 10:07:28 AM »

That is 131nz I agree no matter what car someone has and even what condition it is in if they enjoy it that is all that matters in the end as once there are real car lovers who help to protect and preserve what ever marque they are into Wink Wink
markwilliams131

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »

here here eugine
x19  man you no you would love an sd1 v8 vitesse just like mine
sid smugglers blues is on the raido and im off 2 a classic ford show good luck Cool

131 sport x 4  lancia beta volumex coupe rover sd1 vitesse mini 1275gt
mk2 golf gti  1.9 205 gti   opel omega mv6     alfa 156
theredx19
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2009, 03:15:20 PM »

How much Mark and is she fast enough for me  Cool Cool
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2009, 05:48:47 PM »

At least there is some discussion. What a shame that some people are more stupid as a peanutshell.
When I bought my orange Racing a lot of people told me to bring it to the scrapyard, it had rust and above that, that horrible colour Grin
As I can believe the stories a MB Gullwing was completely out in the mid 60s and almost impossible to even give away.
The W116 isn't up to everybodies taste, not even up to mine to be honest, but this car is so truly nice, unmolested and original that I just had to take it. I hope to find another lover who understands what is a nice car. And with nice I don't mean the make but the perfect condition of it. And yes that can be a Lada, a Toyota or a Rolls Royce. That doesn't matter at all.

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2009, 06:05:52 PM »

* DSC08551.JPG (148.71 KB, 640x480 - viewed 383 times.)

* DSC08552.JPG (151.69 KB, 640x480 - viewed 362 times.)

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
theredx19
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2009, 06:39:12 PM »

Well Albert she looked well in the garage area but with the sun on her she looks even better there but as far as I know my old one is alive and restored as with the gearbox the way it was when I got you had to abuse it unfortunately as she kept kicking up and down the box but the engine did take it well....
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.