Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:35:22 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Nice garage in Italy ...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nice garage in Italy ...  (Read 20401 times)
djape1977

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 08:43:46 AM »

Kev

You are a third of the way in to my perfect garage that would be:

1) An Orange 131 Sport

2) A Metallic Green 132 S3 2000

3) A Yellow 131 Supermirafiori S2 1.6

I see you ahve managed the most expensive of my ideal 3.

my perfect fiat garage
1. 132 2000
2. 124 sport
3. 130 4 door

got the first two, need to get 130, and to pour a lot of money into it all...

get a bigger hammer!
italianxrays

Fiat 131 - VFP783X

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 09:36:10 AM »

Smiley My perfect garage

1) 131 4door Volumetrico

2) 131 2 door Volumetrico

3) 131  Abarth - like Simons any colour

4)  Wink BMW Alpina (E12) b7s 
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 11:30:45 AM »

This sounds like a good forum topic to develop ie My Ideal Garage...  Smiley

Djape - Apologies if I gave the impression that I was offended - I wasn't actually - Just picking up on the phrase used - It didn't feel appropriate - I know I would be dis-satisfied with a tired interior, sun faded dash and other various cosmetic blemishes.

We've had this conversation before (about mis-understandings) and your excellent command of English makes me forget that it is not your first language.

In my view, you are one of the most prominent contributors to this forum and I always appreciate the fact that you say things as you find them, you know what you are talking about and most of all, you are a hardcore Fiat fan!

I'm looking forward to the time when we get to have that 132 conversation and beer!  Wink

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
djape1977

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 01:23:42 PM »

thanks for the compliments

tired interior is in my oppinion worst thing about 132 mk3. every one i had so far had interior door panels bent and cracked from the sun and hanging roofliner. dashboards don't seem to be prone to cracking, although i have seen several that did. intrestingly enough, mk1 and mk2 interiors dont suffer from sun damage and i have had and seen mk2 132 that were rotten beyond repair and interiors were perfect! i even thought about mk2 doorcards on mk3 car but i really perfer mk3 interior styling.

one more thing that most of 132 fans don't even know: there's two possible interior colours and i'm not talking about the seats!
there's pre 1980 brown interior and 1980 and 1981 dark brown, almost black

i personally perfer dark brown with honey yellow seats

get a bigger hammer!
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 01:35:49 PM »

That's really spooky because the car that I'm monitoring (for the last few days) has this darker interior dash/console colour and I'd never seen this colour before....!

Like I said in a posting a few weeks ago, the longer that I am member of this forum, the more I realise that I don't know!  Grin

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
djape1977

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 01:45:19 PM »

by the way, how much would you be willing to pay for this one?
been already trough recommisionig process. partialy repainted, buffed, new brakes, engine and tranny seals replaced, suspension sorted out with new two way shocks, rear anty roll bar, new tyres, bumpers and brightwork, pwr steering...

get a bigger hammer!
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 02:13:35 PM »

She's a beauty - Is she for sale...? Is she yours?

I see there is no need to be replacing wipers or to re-charge air conditioning units so that should bump up the value... Smiley

I'll have a think about what the value might be... in my humble opinion. What has been done ...and is left to do...?

A similarly (from what I can see bodywise) restored car in Hungary has reduced in price recently from ?5k to ?4000.

http://www.autoscout24.eu/Details.aspx?id=v3lji14mbl3t

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
djape1977

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 04:37:15 PM »

a barn find from few years ago. a friend of mine overtook me on that one. i supplied some parts and did some work on it. might be for sale if the price is right. ac can be fitted on request, as well as rear disc brakes and other mods. 
at the moment the pics were taken the windscreen was out to clean water drain holes below rubber surrounding the glass. wipers are complementory.

car from hungary was rusty and repairs were done well below my standard of work. take a look at clip. if i were him, i would remove it as soon as possible. also, it's seats were re-upholstered with vinyl which ruind them. a lot of work has gone into that one but results...
also,  i estimate it's true mileage to be around 150.000km
i'd say it's realistic value is 2,5k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjYfP_I0zF0

white 132 had rust only below radiator and that didn't require patching, just cleaning, rustproofing and repainting. 53904 km is it's true mileage and there's a service history to proove it. 5k would probably be realistic price, but looking at what people are trying to sell for 5k, i'd say it should be priced around 7k

get a bigger hammer!
djape1977

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 04:40:19 PM »

what is left to do? pay the road tax and start driving it.
since the photos were taken windscreen has been refitted, seats and carpet taken out and steam cleaned.

get a bigger hammer!
stathe174

131 S

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 08:02:10 PM »

Great job... Great car...

My 131 Special went HISTORIC
djape1977

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 06:41:19 AM »

i'll be quoting a pm from kev since i find that conversation is of interest to other people too. hope nobody minds...

Still thinking about the 132 value - Love the finish of the front of the car - All those shiny new parts....!

I think preserved cars are generally worth more than restored cars because any sort of botch job can be hidden by paint - Obviously, in this case I'd be very happy to take your word that the bodywork and paint has been done properly (although I'd be interested to know what is meant by painted partially).  In it's favour also is the mechancical renovation of course. I presume it's fully serviced with a new cam belt and tensioner? What does "new brakes" mean? And any modifications like air con would detract from the value, in my opinion.

Would being outside of the EU present some registration and import difficulties? Any experience of that?

Assuming that the interior comes up sparkling after the steam clean and has no sagging rips or fading, the headlining is stuck well, full anti rust prevention has been applied while dis-mantled....I think that the car may fetch ?4k. What is your realistic view of value..?

get a bigger hammer!
djape1977

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 07:35:55 AM »

there's new parts in the back too. both bumpers, side indicators, headlights and taillights are new.

i generally tend to agree that preserved cars are worth more but, and A BIG BUT, not always!

as i said before, i think that it's very rare to find a seller who gave such attention to details as it has been given on this car. frankly, if it had just been washed and interior cleaned it would be imacculate and wouldn't look out of place in a saloon of a renound car dealer with a price tag of 7k euro.
friend of mine, owner of this white 132 wanted his car to look as new. therefore, car was inspected from all angles and spots of surface rust under the radiator spotted. i would really like to see who else does such a throught inspection on any car!

partially repainted means that part below radiator was repainted and black areas below doors and front bumper too. black was a bit faded. wheels were also repainted because of numerous little scratches which are inevitable on any 50k km car.

mechanical renovation:
full gasket set and piston rings replaced in the engine. all new water hoses. new sparkplugs and cables. new cambelt, tensioner and water pump. new oil and filter. now that's what i call "fully serviced" engine!!!
full gasket set replaced in the gearbox and rear axle. new oil.
new brakes means new discs, new front callipers, new brake pads front and rear, new brake cylinders in the back, new handbrake cable, new brake hoses front and rear, new master cylinder.

modifications are done using correct parts. aircon can be fitted for example only if it came from another 132 that had it as factory installed equipment in which case i don't see how could it lower the value?

interior did come up perfect. headliner of course did come loose in the procces and it was glued back in it's place using same tecnique as in factory with a difference of high temp ressistant glue was used. by the way, only way to remove headliner from 132 without damaging it is to do it while windscreen is out.

rustproofing was done using spray wax http://www.wurth.co.rs/PDF_Auto/A%2004%200900.pdf on the inside of all body spaces such as sills, chasis legs, iside doors etc and undrbody was coated in rezin http://www.wurth.co.rs/PDF_Auto/A%2004%200905.pdf with critical areas protected from stones and chips with PU coat http://www.wurth.co.rs/PDF_Auto/A%2004%200930.pdf
if this was done to new fiats before they left the factory i believe we wouldn't be wasting time and money saving our pet cars from thin worm

get a bigger hammer!
djape1977

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 11:46:10 AM »

ralistic value? i think he won't let it go for less than 5k euro.

in my oppinion prices we see in ads are more like a whish list...

however, that whishlist is party responsible for rising prices past few years. some examples: do you know of anyone who actually bought a set of dual carbs and manifold for fiat at 1.000e? do you actually know of someone who actually paid 10k for 131 sport?
tipical example is another friend of mine who's into fords. he decided to sell his '69 capri. how he estimated the value of his car? he opened the ads and took a look atother capris for sale. ok, so top condition is worth lets say 10k, and rustbucket 500, so my car is somewhere in between. i'll ask 7k for it. several people called inticed by high price, thinking that it must be excellent car. 3 months later his capri is still in front of his house. frankly, the right price for his car is 1000e and he either won't sell it at all or he will sell it in 6 months when he realises it's true value

get a bigger hammer!
djape1977

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 11:47:54 AM »

dunno wht exact procedure you have to go trough but i know of several classic cars that were exported from serbia to EU so i don't think there's much problems about that

get a bigger hammer!
djape1977

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 04:41:55 PM »

get a bigger hammer!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.