Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:57:59 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  3MA09 the start - From Team Ireland
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3MA09 the start - From Team Ireland  (Read 3149 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: June 04, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »

This is a bit late to appear after all of the excellent reports so far but this is down to the fact that the Irish "convoy" only landed in Rosslare this morning. For us the event really began on Monday 25th May when the outbound ferry trip set sail for Cherbourg. These are the cars waiting for the security check before commencing the long drive south to Dijon to meet up with the English "convoy".

First pit stop for fuel.

The trip to Dijon took some time because of varying cruising speeds and heavy traffic around Paris. In fact we didnt arrive until after dark around 10.30pm when after quick hellos it was straight to bed ready for an early start the next day.

Tuesday the 26th was a highlight for me as it was the first time travelling in a group of 131s and as the weather was perfect and in ever improving scenery, the anticipation of the event just grew larger. Especially as we knew that later in the day the 4 cars would become 8 as we planned to meet Albert and the German convoy later that day south of the Alps before continuing south to Torino and the birth place of the Fiat 131.

In this garage we fitted the excellent event plaques prepared in advance for all participants by Theo.

We got some great shots of the cars as we swapped positions on the Auto route. Despite giving away some 70/75 bhp to the Sport and Abarth I was very pleased with how my "weedy" 1300 twin cam kept up with the other cars even on the long inclines - Easily accelerating up to 140/150 km/h when asked.

Check out the overhead sign..

Before climbing to the Mont Blanc tunnel...

Having gone through the tunnel and now in Italy...

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 09:26:48 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:26:14 PM »

Great photos there Kev of some lovely scenery.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.