Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:37:38 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  How many Fiat 131 Racing / Sport ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many Fiat 131 Racing / Sport ?  (Read 6155 times)
Fiat131Sport

« on: October 28, 2015, 01:37:38 AM »

Does anyone know the breakdown of how many Fiat 131 Racing / Sport cars were made all-together. I believe that around 400 131 Sport / Racing were sold in Malta. In Ireland I seen that a limited supply were brought into Ireland it would be nice if the breakdown information can be sourced from somewhere the breakdown of all the colours ie Silver, Racing Orange, Black, Gunmetal Grey and the trim especially for Ireland since FIAT really looked after the Irish with Alloys, Radio and so on.
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 12:48:22 PM »

This question pops up here everytime again and the answer is not positive. It is (nearly) impossible to look for productionfigures from the 131 Racing/Sport. Problem is that Fiat didn't give special numbers to the cars. Yes, early cars start their number with Fiat 131 AK where the K means it is a Racing but Fiat didn't register them separately. Biggest problem is that Fiat went somewhere 1980-81 to the international system for VIN numbers with 17 positions, then all Fiats started with ZFA and Racings had not an own specification. That simply means you need to have access to the Fiat archives and a hell of a lot of time to check all the 131 Vin numbers and start counting, the early ones are pretty easy then, the later ones completely not, good luck Wink Grin

Wish I could find these figures for a lot of cars...................

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
c.a.c131

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 07:43:02 PM »

Just on the VIN numbers I have came across a few 17 digitis 131's that are 1979 cars Smiley One is a Sport that was first registered in the UK March 1979 with ZFA 17 digit VIN Shocked I came across another & then a few Super's too.

So there are 3 types of vin on the Sport/Racing.

The 1978 AK then 7 number type with the 2 VIN tag's, then the 1979 ZFA 17 digit with the 1 VIN tag & like the 1978 AK type where the VIN number is stamped on the shock top it's masked off & left bare metal, then the 1980 ZFA 17 digit with 1 VIN tag its painted like the rest of the shock top & not masked off like the 1978 & 1979 cars.

1980 Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport/Racing, 1981 Fiat 131 S2 Supermirafiori Panorama 1600/TC.
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 09:19:14 PM »

For me there are still 2 VIN specs CHristopher, the FIAT!#!AK and the ZFA with 17 positions, maybe they started the latter earlier but more difficult I cannot make it, with a painted shock top or not.

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
jape

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 05:11:18 PM »

Nice questions
131 sport/racing least VIN codes i've seen have been 131ak-039.....
least VIN codes to Finland have been 131ak-041.....and biggest 131ak-056
Finland have been original black color only 3 cars and these cars VIN 131ak-056....
i understand imported in Finland 131ak-colors have been gun metal, silver, black and orange. gun metal cars interior color have been red color, black cars interior color have been gold/brown and silver, orange cars have been black interior color
and late's VIN code cars have been only silver and orange cars with black interior and VIN code have zfa131a00-0065...to zfa 131a00-0070....

i hope you understand my write
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.