Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:54:27 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  To be or not to be ... a club...?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: To be or not to be ... a club...?  (Read 11720 times)
theredx19
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 09:53:34 PM »

Thotos I would just check out these aspects as Irish liability laws are different to uk laws but remember when we all pull up outside a pub to go in for food and look at our cars it is now a static show but is the person who organises this static show now liable. I would not like to see anyone get on the wrong side of a court appearance as a court may not look at it being a club with no funds not being liable (no insurance is no excuse).
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 12:46:07 PM »

I was only referring to UK legal requirements. I don't know anything about Irish Law and I never claimed to understand Irish logic!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
eugene

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 01:01:04 PM »

I think that it should be checked out with a good solicitor,and the points of law should be obtained in writing and also stamped by the solicitor.Laws in Eire are different than in the UK.As a new member to this forum,i don't wish to vote,as i feel being a bit of a dictator by doing so.Slan Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »

Hi all

Many thanks for reading and voting although I would have preferred more votes (15) which would at least indicate interest... if not views consistent with mine!? Smiley

The proposal failed by a very narrow margin (8 voting to leave it as it is) possibly reflecting some of the stated legal issues and possibly a concern that things were going change a bit.

OK - so have I learned any lessons? - Yes I have. Next time get my wife, sister and brother in law to vote with me!! - They are all forum members!? Grin

Will the matter rest here? - No... because I am still uncomfortable referring to this meeting and discussion place as a 131 "thingy". It is far more than that and I will kick off a new poll shortly to see if we can get a proper name & status - Something like the "Mirafiori World Register" or? "The Fiat 131 Forum" or ...O I dont know now but if anyone has a suggestion please add it here and I'll set up another poll with a few options for consideration!!? Tnx.  Cool

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
theredx19
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 08:19:06 PM »

Well Kev I know I did not vote but was not due to a lack of interest but I believe if a further look was made into the legal and technical side I would vote yes. The forum has been a great focal point and a better focal point is seeing these beasts out and about. It is as I said who wants to see someone suffer because of a small accident Smiley Smiley Smiley
alan.acs

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 07:58:12 PM »

i say make it a club if it brings a benifit to the members.
 otherwise it may be a lot of work for no gain for the 3 amigos..

greek mirafiori

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 06:49:49 PM »

I think that's a good idea to be a club but in my opinion some things must remain same...For example the name is not necessary be changed.Also I think That we have a lot of fun and there are no rules as other clubs....
It's a good idea to be a club but without change anything!

P. Katsivas-Fiat 131 Mirafiori CL, 1.6 ,Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 95 hp 'Racing' owner
Kalamata, Hellas.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.