Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:32:41 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Forum Holidays...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum Holidays...?  (Read 7058 times)
kev131
Founding Member

« on: July 19, 2007, 06:02:03 PM »

Maybe it's the season but the forum has been a little quiet of late where postings are concerned - Does anyone have any theories for this?? Huh

Site traffic is certainly busy enough with most regular contributors visiting usually once a day. It's always nice to see a fresh topic, a response to one's own previous postings or just some new pictures. However they dont happen on their own and a little contribution from everyone will go a long way to maintaining the site and it's objectives.

So come on - Dont be shy....share your thoughts and ideas with the rest of us 131 nuts, even memories, experiences, desires (all of the 131 variety please!  Roll Eyes) are all very welcome - Sometimes the most unlikely of topics can trigger wide ranging responses and make for an interesting debate.

Keep those project updates coming in as well - I personally find them fascinating. I'm also very keen to hear stories of Mirafiori experiences from when the cars were new or nearly new. And one question I always ask when I meet a new 131 fan is...why do you like 131s? I've yet to hear a boring answer.!!! Grin

If you have found a new website that details something about our favourite car please share it. And in that spirit, there is a very nice original 2 owner 50,000 mile Series 2 Supermirafiori for sale on this site - Have some fun finding it! Wink Cheers.? Smiley

www.tbrauto.fr
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:19:26 PM by kev131 » Logged

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 05:42:13 AM »

I thought that you were inviting us all to join you for a forum user's hoilday for a moment there Kev Grin Grin But then I remembered that we'e already had one of those - 3MA2007! Cool Tongue Grin

Nice Super! I wish I'd never parted with my green series 2 Roll Eyes What a mistake! Here's hoping that I can find another good one some day - but as time goes on the opportunities get less Undecided

Fear not old fruit - as lots of forums get quiet at this time of year - yeah, probably due to family commitments at holiday time. Things generally go quiet around Christmas too, possibly for the same reason.

I wish the rain would stop. I need to get my fix of 131 summer driving. Fat chance! seems to rain all weekend every weekend just lately. Cry

Keep smiling though mate - we're all still watching even if lots of us aren't contributing Roll Eyes Grin Grin

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
covjek

FIAT 131 SUPERMIRAFIORI 2.5 D

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 12:25:58 PM »

I just had a similar thought the other day,where is everybody Huh I guess Simon is right about holiday rush.Shame `bout the rain in the UK though it would be more than welcome here in Croatia.We`re frying our nuts here with the temperature as high as 40 degrees Celsius.Anyway my alibi for not posting is i ordered a bunch of body parts (pretty much the whole front end Grin Grin Grin) from our buddy Yagmur from Turkey,and awaiting eagerly for it to get here.I must say that it`s a pleasure dealing with him as he is fast in delivery and rather cheap Wink.Well,since we`re talking holidays,it`s best for all of you (with your 131`s offcourse) to cruise the Croatian coastline and maybe have a swim.It sure beats the boring rain Sad.

* 002.jpg (52.33 KB, 500x500 - viewed 427 times.)

Vedran Svircic
Zapresic,Croatia
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 05:30:34 PM »

Can you let me know your experience with these parts please, such as fit and quality etc. I'm interested in buying some of Yagmur's parts myself.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 05:33:14 PM »

Hi Covjek

You are just tantalising us with pictures like that - Your country looks very beautiful - In fact any piece of dry land looks beautiful at the moment ?Roll Eyes - I am just home from 5 days at the office looking forward to the weekend and the rain is just bucketing down. We have had rain every day for 46 days now - Officially! ?Shocked

No 131 Driving until Sunday at the earliest! ? Undecided

This is the first transaction from Yagmur that I have heard about. Maybe for the benefit of all the other members (and Yagmur) perhaps you could send us some pics of the parts that you bought, prices, cost of delivery and how quickly they arrived. I'm sure that a good experience will encourage more business.

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
covjek

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 05:58:56 PM »

Sure thing guys,i`ll send detailed pics of the parts when they get here.As for shipping,i use ordinary mail so it takes a bit longer but less expensive in the end.So far i recieved the sills which are identical to the original ones but had to be sawed in half due to their length(MIG welder sorted that out just fine Grin).Otherwise they fit perfectly.If anyone is interested in prices of the parts and shipping,use Yagmur`s e-mail , www.rainspeed.com. P.S. 46 days of rain?! Shocked Shocked Shocked .You better start collecting boats instead of 131`s,it appears you have little use for wheels at the time  Grin Grin Grin.

Vedran Svircic
Zapresic,Croatia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 08:08:48 PM »

We have had rain every day for 46 days now - Officially!  Shocked

This was London today after about 30 minutes of rain!  Shocked

* LondonFlood.jpg (296.13 KB, 640x512 - viewed 476 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
covjek

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 09:09:38 PM »

Like i said...Noah`s ark,brown,low mileage,mint condition.Serious buyers only! Grin Grin Grin

Vedran Svircic
Zapresic,Croatia
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 09:41:40 PM »

Turn your PC speakers up loud, click here - Waterfall (by Triumvirat) and sing along please...

It's been raining for a fortnight or longer
And every day the pressure's getting stronger
All the houses slowly sink into water
We have enough to drink
But the food is getting shorter

WATERFALL- Here's another day
WATERFALL- The sun has turned away
The sky has opened up the doors
St. Peter's trying to sweep the floors
He sent a million raindrops on their way

WATERFALL - Here we go again
WATERFALL - it never seems to end
We used to drive but now we float
So sell your car and buy a boat
But you can't escape the pouring rain

Everybody's looking for a solution
The weather experts, The Department of Pollution
On the news they said there's no need to worry
There's nothing we can do
Just learn to swim in a hurry

WATERFALL - Here's another day
WATERFALL- The sun has turned away
He sent them on their way

And it rains and it rains
It rains all day
The cities are washed away
And it rains and it rains
It rains all night
It rains all the time

WATERFALL - Here's another day
WATERFALL - The sun has turned away

WATERFALL - Here we go again
WATERFALL - It never seems to end
And if you buy a second one
It could turn out as lots of fun
And never mind the pouring rain

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 09:51:52 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
covjek

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 07:15:42 AM »

Submarines would come in handy too  Grin Grin Grin.

Vedran Svircic
Zapresic,Croatia
curt

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 11:08:48 AM »

RAIN RAIN DONT MENTION BL---Y RAIN  Angry Angry Angry
yesterday (friday) as probably most of you know i am moving house soon and had a meeting with my solicitors at 4pm in reading.
I left the midlands at 1pm a journey of 107 miles that normally takes 1 hour 45 mins-it took me 9 HOURS to get home  Angry Angry Angry
my route being M42-M40-leamington spa-some strange villages- the panama canal to rugby-over the north atlantic to daventry-down the M1 round the M25 then the M3 taking in the sites of tonga and fija as i floated past everything.
Its now saturday and I am still GGGRRRRRR as missing the boys at the pub on a friday night -despicable  Angry Angry Angry
So if any one has a boat  Grin Grin Grin

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.