Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:48:25 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Help with front toe setting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with front toe setting  (Read 4013 times)
toni1

« on: May 04, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »

Fiat 131 sport Data sheet says 4/8  toe in, seems massive to me is the correct, it has been lowered so not really sure
if this would alter what it needs to be any help would be great

thanks
TOAD

Green Eye Motorsport - Home Of The Toad

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 09:52:42 PM »

Because the 4-8mm toe in is unladen with the track control arms pointing downwards.  As the car is loaded the TCA's push out reducing Toe to the stated 1-2mm ?  as indicated.    If the car has been lowered or is old and sagging, I feel this toe may need to be reduced, but that would be a guess. 

May cars have reset TCA mounts after lowering.   Wink

Video of Big Toad Build up.   www.youtube.co.uk/evotoad
toni1

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 07:16:45 AM »

Thanks for the input, yes i did see that coming when i lowered the car so already set to toe at 1.5 , the problem is it also altered the steering arm angle so the bumper steer isn't good makes the car pull left and right when going over bumps, i did once have this problem with my 105 Alfa but i could buy corrective arms that address the problem but parts for the 131 a few
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.