Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:04:32 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  retro show
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: retro show  (Read 6778 times)
Andy c

« on: June 17, 2007, 11:39:59 AM »

theres a retro show on the 6th 7th july at santa pod is ther any intrest on having a 131 gathering there

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 10:18:13 PM »

That would be nice but I am told I have to attend a wedding on the 7th (Saturday). Are you sure it's 6th (Friday) and 7th?

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 08:28:21 AM »

went up santa pod this saturday a good 300mile round trip for the first big run out for my car
and i must say the car didnt miss a beat and got lots of looks from other road users even people
asking questions when stuck in a jam on the m25.
the weather kept dry and parked up with some lanica lads

* PICT0115.JPG (173.62 KB, 640x480 - viewed 749 times.)

* PICT0121.JPG (196.51 KB, 640x480 - viewed 710 times.)

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 11:09:40 AM »

Your car looks better every time I see it Andy - Pity it wasnt in Killarney!

Go on then....put us out of our suspense - How did you do against the 'tina and what motor was the competition packing...?  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 08:01:53 PM »

???sugar  forgot all about it, had it marked on the calender but never read it Roll Eyes

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 08:54:48 PM »

Grin no its this one i was thinking about
http://www.retro-rides-show.com/
 doh :but arn't these the same people . but i still missed santa pod

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Andy c

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 08:06:53 PM »

Hi just to say andy came 2nd in the run though he did get a fair ol speed out of his motor, and he was racing against a turbo tina, there were 2 blokes sitting behind me while i was watching Andy, and one of the blokes was nearly peeing himself with excitement, he was saying to his mate "Get a picture of that white fiat, its the best car here, its brilliant, etc etc etc, i so wanted to turn round and say "That's my husbands car "but i contained myself, it got me thinking though how great it would be if all you 131's could get together more often, just think what impact you would have around people who really appreciate your old rust buckets, ( only joking)

Well before i say anymore to the detriment of your LOVELY fiats, i will go.

Love and stuff
Anita xx

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
curt

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 11:12:06 AM »

And so you should Anita -there could be grounds for divorce on that comment Grin
Nice to hear the girlies on the site every now and again  Grin Grin

Solihull West Midlands
Still keeps hoping for another sport !
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 03:01:06 PM »

:DIs anyone going to retro rides this weekend ,mallory park 11th ,12 th august

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
hicky131

The future's bright - The future's orange

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 06:13:24 PM »

I went down on the sunday Jason. The vintage sports car club was there racing at the same time which made for an entertaining day out. Smiley

A taste of the retro cars on display here:-
http://retrorides.proboards86.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1186964083

And here:-
http://retrorides.proboards86.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1187297051

Loads more pics if you browse the topics in the general section of the site:-
http://retrorides.proboards86.com/

The owner of this twin engined sud (ex 131 owner) is after another 131 2 door for restoration. If anyone has one for sale (not too knackered) i'll let him know. Smiley

The edwardian cars were fantastic to watch. Those guys must have big balls to throw them cars around with virtually no brakes,no belts or harnesses and 3 inch wide tyres!

This 27 litre Napier Bentley smoked the tyres from the hairpin all the way up to devils elbow!

Opposite lock was the order of the day for most of the guys out there! Cool

This car was the most entertaining of the day. Sideways everywhere! To say the driver was nuts would be an understatement. Grin

Close action!

Wayne Hickman,
Huddersfield,West Yorkshire, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.