Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:45:53 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  NEC Classic Motor Show Nov 15th - 17th
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NEC Classic Motor Show Nov 15th - 17th  (Read 12787 times)
Sev131

« on: October 25, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »

http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/index.php

Some Group B monsters out too Smiley

I guess no 131's on display as usual Sad but next year need to sort something for the big 40th Cool

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 10:08:19 AM by Sev131 » Logged
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 02:42:23 PM »

I guess no 131's on display as usual Sad

No, but I think there may be a Trevi on the Betaboyz stand  Wink Grin

but next year need to sort something for the big 40th Cool

Yes we must. I think applications for 2014 stands have already gone in and the deadline is sometime soon. I'll find out.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 05:50:36 PM »

Yes , we'll have to have  a few good 40th celebrations ,
   bromley pagent up to a 35 car stand ...fiver each get your checks ready ..

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Sev131

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »

Perfect Grin let's get a good spot and put a stand up at the NEC

Jas, keep us posted on entry to Bromley
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 08:24:46 PM »

OK sev and there will be a few others , like Bristol auto moto and brookland s and Stanford
And an expensive  show http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/tickets.php
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:31:16 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 12:17:30 AM »

It doesn't have to be expensive as it's free if you display. The Fiat Motor Club had plenty of spare tickets this year and no takers. In fact it's worth joining car clubs for shows like this as just one show can sometimes recoup the membership fee. My Trevi was waxed and polished and took centre stage on the Betaboyz forum stand  Grin

And here's one for Robert so he may begin to understand the many benefits of a Trevi: "Trevi the Babe-magnet"  Grin Grin Grin

* WP_000442s.jpg (657.14 KB, 800x602 - viewed 627 times.)

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 12:46:33 AM »

On a more serious note, while I was at the NEC I visited the Organisers' office and got an application form for a stand next year which will be on from Friday 14th to Sunday 16th November 2014. I thought I'd apply for a 5-car stand and have 4 or 5 cars on display to celebrate the 131's 40th birthday. But I need some commitment from people as there's no point getting the stand organised and then not having any cars to display  Embarrassed  I thought we should have a varied selection of cars:
1. Abarth (or replica  Wink) Simon? Andy?
2. Sport (or Racing  Wink) A few to choose from and could be mine if nobody else comes forward.
3. Volumetrico Bobby or Albert (if we can get him out of Holland for a short holiday in Birmingham  Grin)
4. Four door Super or CL. Phil?
5. A series 1, "the start of it all". Must have one of them for the 40th! Simon's 131S?

Cars need to be at the NEC on Thursday (13th November 2014) and need to stay until the "all clear" after the end of the show on Sunday, usually around 6:00pm to 7:00pm.

We need to apply for the stand soon and won't know if we are successful until May 2014.

So, let me know within the next few weeks if you would like to have your car on the stand and you are willing and able to bring it to the NEC on Thursday 13th November 2014 and leave it there until Sunday 16th November. We'll probably arrange for suitable local accommodation for all but let's get the basics off the ground and organised first. If we have enough people come forward we can always ask for a bigger stand!  Wink Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 08:17:55 AM »

Hi Theo,

Yes, I should be able to provide an S1 or my Abarth. Would probably struggle logistically to get two cars there though considering the location.

Simon

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Phil

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 09:03:21 AM »

Hi Theo,

You can count me & my Blue S3 in  Grin Grin

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
Sev131

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 09:28:45 AM »

Hi Theo,

You can count me in too for the Volumetrico or a Super Series 2 1600TC Grin

Bobby
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »

OK, so that's 4 cars already we can have on the stand so I'll fill in the form.... Or I may wait a week or two to see if we can go for a 10 car stand  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »

This sounds like it could be fun Theo...put me down please. I've always been thinking about going and having a 131 stand would  be a great way to see this show for the first time.

You can put me down for a Sport which would allow you to drive up Simon's S1 (assuming he'd let you of course)!!  Grin

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Sev131

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 02:41:36 PM »

OK, so that's 4 cars already we can have on the stand so I'll fill in the form.... Or I may wait a week or two to see if we can go for a 10 car stand  Grin

10 car stand go for it! Grin It can be done Grin Grin
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »

It doesn't have to be expensive as it's free if you display. The Fiat Motor Club had plenty of spare tickets this year and no takers. In fact it's worth joining car clubs for shows like this as just one show can sometimes recoup the membership fee. My Trevi was waxed and polished and took centre stage on the Betaboyz forum stand  Grin

I cant , for 3 days accomadation travel to and from accomadation and fuel up there , thats why FMC always had spare tickets..
 its like a mini 3ma14 standing still  Cheesy would have been good day though
  still bromley we could have a 30 car stand for the biggest 1 day show in europe and along weekend for a fiver ..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:11:48 PM by jasonh131 » Logged

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »

Accommodation can be expensive unless booked well in advance, which we should be able to do. For this year I got return train tickets from Birmingham International coming back to London on Thursday night and returning to the NEC on Sunday morning. The return train ticket and all booking fees came to just ?13.70. My plan was to drive back to Birmingham (using 60mpg diesel transport  Grin) on Friday and stay with one of the organisers for the night and drive back on Saturday night. It was probably a silly plan but as I unfortunately hurt my back and I'm quite the invalid I stayed home for Friday and Saturday. But what is important in organising something like this is to have enough people and 'normal' cars to allow for the transportation of everyone from the show to the hotel and back.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.