Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 11:01:37 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  NEC Classic Motor Show Nov 15th - 17th
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NEC Classic Motor Show Nov 15th - 17th  (Read 12833 times)
131NZ

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 02:09:46 PM »

Have to say, I went down to the NEC and what a show it was! Fantastic day!! My only negative if I was to pick one was, way too big to take in on one day. This is def a 2-3 day weekender...... I look forward to seeing the 131s next year! One thing that did stand out like a sore thumb was how well most if not all Ford models were represented, and on quite a few stands too. I saw the Trevi Theo and did wonder if it was yours. Now I know  Grin  

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 03:20:57 PM »

Just did a quick search on laterooms.com ....arriving on Thursday 13th Nov 2014 and staying for 3 nights (I assume participants will head for home on Sunday evening)

...and approx one third of the Birmingham hotels are already full!!

I'd suggest that we don't leave it too late to pick a hotel. There is still good choice around the ?150 mark for singles for 3 nights incl breakfast. There appears to be a Premier Inn close by but their prices seem to reflect the 2014 event already! Premier Inns are entirely suitable for 131 events having used the one in Dover satisfactorily on a few occasions before heading cross channel on 3MAs. Maybe we can get a deal....? Closer might be better in case we have to rely on public transport backwards and forwards.... Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 04:23:57 PM »

Laterooms are not good for booking so far in advance. They claim "no availability" when in reality they should say "no late availability recorded yet".

There's a Travelodge (or Travelinn) next to one of the NEC car parks and that's very popular with a lot of NEC visitors as it's within walking distance or there's the free car park buses.

But we can't book anything non-refundable until we know for sure if we'll have a stand and that won't happen until May next year.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
strada

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 08:32:40 PM »

what about me?Huh??

i have often badgered FMC about getting any of my seven (count 'em) cars on to one of the stands to no avail, the main reason i am no longer a member.

my name is chris reynolds, i currently own 2x supermirafiori mk3, strada 65cl, strada75cl auto, strada super85 convertable, strada 105tc mk1, strada105tc mk2
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 12:49:54 AM »

what about me?Huh??

Sure, the more the merrier  Cheesy  10 car stand it is then but please don't let me down guys.....

We'll need to think about the stand. Carpet makes a big difference but buying it from the NEC is VERY expensive. Anyone has access to cheap carpet? We'll still have to pay the NEC contractors to lay it though as Health and Safety officials won't let us lay our own carpet  Undecided  Also need to submit stand details in advance complete with risk assessment statements. It's so much easier turning up in places like Bromley and parking in a field....

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Sev131

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 12:53:32 AM »

Great memories, hope we can place our stance in 2014

* image.jpg (177.86 KB, 1024x682 - viewed 441 times.)
Sev131

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 01:13:41 AM »

Your right Theo, carpet makes all the difference. The FMC stand in my view was let down by poor flooring area and put the overall stand down the last few years. There's a chap across the road from my garage who sells carpet, may be I can sort some off cuts from him or get what we can.
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 02:06:21 AM »

If going for offcuts maybe we'll get red, white and green and have the Italian flag in carpet. And spray a huge "131" on the white centre. Or maybe even print  
at the front  Wink But I think I'm getting too ambitious now....  Undecided

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Phil

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 10:00:21 AM »

If going for offcuts maybe we'll get red, white and green and have the Italian flag in carpet. And spray a huge "131" on the white centre. Or maybe even print  
at the front  Wink But I think I'm getting too ambitious now....  Undecided

Good idea Theo, I know we have spoken about this many times but I feel we also need a couple of banners to finish off the stand  Grin we can also re-use at 3ma etc.... Cool

http://www.exbanners.co.uk/product.cfm?product=165

They're not even too expensive if everyone contributes a bit  Huh
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:10:23 AM by Phil » Logged

Present cars 131 2.0 Ltr sports twin cam, in Gun Metal, in bits and a blue 2.0 Ltr supermirafiori.
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »

I'll contribute to a banner/flags if the total cost isn't too extortionate. Would it be a good idea not to make them too specific to the 40th birthday so they can be re-used?

I hadn't thought carpet was necessary but you've been there before.

I hope we at least get in for free after all this!!!  Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 11:41:04 PM »

Yes banners should be just "131mirafiori.com" or similarly generic so they can be used at all the shows. If we want something specific for the 40th anniversary we could have stickers, tax disc holders, keyrings etc. Carpet is not necessary and most clubs don't have them but makes a huge difference as it denotes the stand area and puts the whole display a class higher. Without carpets and/or anything else to denote the stand area it's just cars parked in the arena.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.