Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:45:28 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat 131 Racing / Sport VIN plates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat 131 Racing / Sport VIN plates  (Read 12248 times)
MarkoH

« on: January 08, 2009, 01:45:03 PM »

Hi Guys!

I asked reproduction of VIN plates and YES IT IS POSSIBLE. It is a plate shown here:

The price is 20 ? / each + shipping costs. I think I can send these in a regular letter so shipping costs are quite low.

I have ordered only 20 pcs of these so hurry up! Please send your orders via e-mail to: marko[at]hannulat.com

They are making the printing tool next week so delivery of these paltes will start in two or three weeks.

Cheers,

Marko (MarkoH) Hannula
Finland

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 01:50:22 PM by MarkoH » Logged

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC -86
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth -86
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 05:03:26 PM »

Whilst this will tidy up many an engine bay is it actually legal? Surely this will enable people to call an A1 or A2, etc, saloons an AK Sport - or even (if they start to be remanufactured) an AK into an AR!! Are we not making 'cloning' and change of vehicle identity very easy for the less honest in the World?

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:06:54 PM »

I don't know the legal situation, but if you buy one and replace your old one with the same numbers and letters, then I don't see how you could get into trouble.

I have seen replacement plates available before, but perhaps they ask for some form of proof of vehicle identity before selling one to you.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
sid131

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »

i dont think that there are enough of these cars left to worry about cloning Simon, anyway it states on the tax log book cert whether its a sport or not, you can get similar fiat vin plates on ebay but just not the correct 131 ones like these, e-mail sent Marko i will deffo have one thanks, my car had no vin plate when i got it.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 05:43:44 PM »

I agree that putting the same numbers on a VIN plate shouldn't cause a problem, but am I really the only person that can see that someone could take a 131 Racing, put Abarth arches on it, a BMW IRS set-up, paint in a Stradale colour and pass it off to the uninitiated as one of the 400 genuine Abarths?

Log books can be changed, and incidentally both the log books for my imported 131 Racing and 131 Abarth state (in both cases) "2 axle rigid body" against 'Wheelpan' with a nothing at all printed against "Model/Type", "Variant" or "Version".

I do not agree that there are too few of these cars to matter. There is not a definitive list of chassis numbers as it stands, and the recent Graham Robson book has cast doubt on the actual number of 131 Abarths build (he says exactly 400, when I was always told 406). Chassis numbers are not known as shells were taken ad-hoc from the standard production line as they were needed at Bertone.

Even if these are legal, I don't like what they might be used for in the future by the unscrupulous. Sorry if this upsets any one.

Incidentally, for the record, I could do with one for my Abarth too, as the printing has all but disappeared over the years, but I'm not sure about a shiney new one - although I'm here to be pursuaded otherwise.? Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
sid131

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »

sorry Simon i still cant see your point about this , Marko is offering what some of us want ie new vin plates for our 131 racing /sport to replace our missing/corroded ones thats all, he is only offering here on this site & only 20, ok you have a genuine 131 stradalle so if someone else bought a copy with bmw irs etc etc thats their look out for not being thorough with the car before they bought it & as far as i am aware cars like yours are not cheap, on my taxbook it states mirafiorisport & on FiB taxbook years ago it said 131 racing & my super said supermirafiori, so the only ilegal thing would be changing a tax book to correspond with the clone & not trying to give your car a little newness by replacing a vinplate!
MarkoH

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 07:44:20 PM »

Hi Guys,

at least here in Finland we have a lots of different kind of re-produced VIN plates available. To cars, motorcycles, mopeds etc. For example if your VIN number is destroyed for some reason (e.g. rust), you are even able to put a new VIN to your car. You just have to show a provement that you actually own this vehicle and it has been registered before. Also you have to have a list of owners in past ten years and a assurance from previous owner that owned the car before you. In my case, I have these assurances and provements available in past12 years.

Because of this "legal stuff", I have to say that you are using these VIN plates with your own responsability or at one's own risk (or how do you say - you know what I mean).

There is only few plates available anymore. If more interest occurs, I will re-produce these more.

Regards,

Marko (MarkoH) Hannula
Finland

EDIT: PS. Believe it or not, I'm just a enthustiast who wants to help other enthusiasts in their beloved hobby. There is not a lot profit for me in these plates or stickers I re-produce. Just to cover my own costs and few euros to my beloved project  Wink

I could sell these in e-bay at high price but there is only two places you can have these: This forum and a Finnish Fiat Forum. Maybe this will help me to get some help in problems I face with my project. If I need some parts etc. I am willing to chance parts / stickers / plates rather than using money. Hope at least some of you appreciates my way to do these things.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:57:17 PM by MarkoH » Logged

Marko Hannula
Mynamaki, Finland

Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130 TC -86
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth -86
sid131

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »

Hi Marko there are lots of vin plates avaliable to buy on ebay except the 131 i am afraid & if there was even a hint of illegality they would all be withdrawn & the seller suspended such is the way ebay operates, anyway i want one & some stickers, email sent to you today.
chris131

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 10:10:55 PM »

Hi marko I have sent you an email - I require some new vin plates for my 131's aswell. I'm also looking for some paint code stickers.

Look forward to hearing from you.

chris
theredx19
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 07:35:43 PM »

There is no problem with these vin plates as we can order new ones for current models and lets face it if you want to clone a car it is not the hardest thing to do in the world, sure lets face it some ordinary Fiats always had non original looking id's the x1/9 is a 128 on her vin plates....
brensport
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 08:31:21 PM »

For anyone who restores a car and trys to get it back somewhere near its former glorey, putting 30 year old parts back on new paint work does not work out. Marko you do a top class job and I would be proud to get a vin plate and stickers from you. Everytime any one tries to do anything constructive there is always people that will knock them.  As for the legality of these plates, does it really matter as i'm sure there is not one amoungst us that keeps to the speed limit when out in their cars. It's no big deal so lets not make a big deal out of it.
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 09:04:47 PM »

I certainly wasn't making a big deal out of this nor am I shooting anyone down in flames who is doing anything constructive Bren. I made a comment and everyone else didn't see my point! I'm entitled to my opinion even if no-one else agrees with it. Perhaps I'm just getting cynical in my old age Wink

For the record - I have not said that anyone on this forum is, or intends to do any thing illegal, nor have I said that I think what Marko is doing is wrong. Infact quite the contrary. I fully support anyone who is accurately re-manufacturing good quality parts for 131s.

Perhaps I shall now retreat back into my shell............

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

brensport
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 09:09:51 PM »

Great that's settled then! Wink
theredx19
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 09:27:37 PM »

Bren dont be scaring me what is this speeding thing as I always keep my car below 7500 rpm in every gear  Shocked Shocked Shocked
sid131

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 10:16:14 PM »

i thought it was hard to get up to the new speed limits of 50, 80 100,120 on different roads in the old celica, she wont make the 120 no matter how hard i drive? but my speedo is in mph! oh my god the new limits are kph!!!! silly me ha ha ha ha ha lol.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.