Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 04:32:25 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  NZ Racing!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NZ Racing!  (Read 9602 times)
Tas131

« on: June 12, 2009, 04:36:52 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270406666367

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 07:29:50 AM »

One of the best RHD Sports to come up for sale in years.. Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Tas131

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 07:33:44 AM »

I wish I had the money to spare, I'd seriously consider it. Although I don't know how much drama is involved in getting cars across the ditch, or getting it registered in OZ.

Mick.
Tasmania. Australia.
Red/grey series 2 (Daily driver)
Dark blue series 1 (Dismantled)
Light blue series 2 (Crashed then dismantled)
Metallic blue series 2 (Dismantled)
sam22

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 09:12:08 AM »

beautifull car only 5781 euro. plus shipping............if only
sid131

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »

I wonder if it will make its way to Ireland like a lot did? if this was last year or the year before i would have it no doubt.
eugene

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 12:24:31 PM »

Thats a very tempting price and then there is a sport in Uk with the wrong colour for 4000uk sterling................ Roll Eyes Grin.Eugene

owner of 5 LADA NIVAS 4X4 a 1979 Opel Kadett Coupe and a 1975 FIAT 131 Mirafiori 1585cc
sid131

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 12:38:36 PM »

well a ok respray will cost ?2000 anyway & that car in the uk Huh goes up in price.
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 06:35:43 PM »

What happens if you buy it, pay for the shipping to the UK or Ireland and then find it is not as good as you hoped/thought or were told? There is a lot of trust involved in buying a car unseen from such a great distance. You could go and see it, but a great cost would be involved unless perhaps you were planning a visit to family/holiday etc anyway.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
131NZ

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 09:10:15 PM »

I took this car for a drive when the previous owner had it up for sale in Wellington about 3-4 yrs ago and it had just had a complete resto done on it. I was mighty impressed by it but found it hard to part with the money for it which was a similar price to what the current owner wants now.
I,m not saying the car wasnt worth it, I just couldnt really afford it as i had other financial commitments at that time. The engine had a huge amount of work done amd sounded fantastic. Also with all new body panels it  was one of the best 131s i have seen. I wonder if its in the same mint condition now? Still looks good from pics. I will be watching this one closely!!!!!  Wink

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
sid131

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 07:48:42 PM »

One of the best RHD Sports to come up for sale in years.. Smiley

Hi Kevin when did you see this one?
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 11:46:36 AM »

Hi Kevin when did you see this one?

Yesterday morning on Ebay Nick...! Wink

I agree that there are some questions about why such an extensively restored car is being sold and that a conserved car is always a better bet than a restored one but as? RHD example, it's the best I've seen (on line I should add) for a long time.? Smiley

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
djape1977

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 12:26:31 AM »

well a ok respray will cost ?2000 anyway

come to Serbia for a 7 days, stay in a nice hotel and fool around Belgrade and get your 131 top notch respray for 1500e  Grin and a decent one for half that price  Roll Eyes

get a bigger hammer!
Testament

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 03:32:34 AM »

It looks pretty good, but 131NZ is right, they will probably have a long wait to sell the car for that much in New Zealand. The market is small so there are not many buyers, let alone ones with deep pockets. My guess for a quick sale they would probably have to settle for half that price i.e. around $6,000 NZD
131NZ

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 04:45:04 AM »

From memory the car was restored  for previous owner over quite a long time. I knew about the car about a year before i got to see it so it wasnt a quick resto job. Also the chap who had the resto done was in his late 40s early 50s, and threw a lot of money at the car. I cant remember why he was selling it but i remember he had another project on the go. The car was for sale for a few mnths back then before it finally sold and obviously made its way to the current owner.
In answer to the question of why would you sell such a well sorted car......at the end of the day lads....we all have various reasons ..... Needing the cash,.... Time for a change......Gathering dust not getting used. Some people just dont love them as much as we do and only see them as a temporary toy until somethig else comes along. I,m not looking through rose tinted glasses either, I dont know the current condition of the car and it would obviously pay to look at the beast. The price for the car in N.Z. is the high end for something like this. Very small market in N.Z. for any fiat never mind a sport/racing. Thats why i think he has listed it on Ebay australia, in the hope it sells there. I,m still watching it closely Wink

I,m Paul and I,m an expat Scot living in N.Z.? A? former owner of SFS 639V.
ventoncarter

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 10:19:12 PM »

Hi All.

Thanks for letting me join your group.

I am the current owner of the NZ 131 Racing being discussed on this thread so if any of you have any questions feel free to fire away.

Cheers.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.