Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:40:12 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  SCRUB RADIUS.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCRUB RADIUS.  (Read 12088 times)
ticker131
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »

just going back to this offset subject, are you going to be using a one piece wheel or a split type,

the engine bay does look full, is the intercooler mounted in front of the water rad, if you get chance it would be good to see how the fabrication work is coming on.

sach
TOAD

Green Eye Motorsport - Home Of The Toad

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 12:24:23 AM »

just going back to this offset subject, are you going to be using a one piece wheel or a split type,

the engine bay does look full, is the intercooler mounted in front of the water rad, if you get chance it would be good to see how the fabrication work is coming on.

sach

Hi Sach,

When that picture was taken the rads were mounted in the boot, I expect they will now be mounted ether side in the rear wheel arches. The wheels will probably be split rims.
  see Ya later

Roger..............

Video of Big Toad Build up.   www.youtube.co.uk/evotoad
Testament

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 09:44:22 PM »

The conclusion I am coming to concerning SAI and Scrub amount to this, as far as scrub goes a little bit of Negative will add some steering feel, with out getting excessive kick back. The steering kick back was my starting concern because of braking on the limit, if one wheel brakes loose, the sudden loss of grip on that side, would cause the car to snatch over in the opposite direction. This side way?s yaw would destabilise the car when you need stability the most.

I don't know enough to say right or wrong myself, but one thing I remember from dicussions with a good freind who has raced karts for many years was the quite large amount of toe out they run to get the quickest turn in possible, it makes the kart want to go all over the show but for them its worth it. i.e. being unstable can be a good think in terms of being able to change direction quickly.

I'm probably over simplyfying it in my head, and karts being so much smaller, the drivers can physically manhandle the steering in a way you probably cant in a full size vehicle.
TOAD

Green Eye Motorsport - Home Of The Toad

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 12:16:46 AM »

Hi Ya,

I was thinking the same with the toe, I will try this out but I have to be careful of tyre temps.  Its nice to hear from you, see you later.

Regards

Roger.....................

Video of Big Toad Build up.   www.youtube.co.uk/evotoad
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.