Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:08:30 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  The Garage (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Petrol tank
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Petrol tank  (Read 10580 times)
sid131

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 07:59:41 PM »

Hi Enda i had a look at the kit today & it has extra cleaner & metal ready to make sure the sealer does its job thats why i went for the kit guranteed to work, id say that ascona tanks are rare, did you try totalopel site?
hammerbeirne

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 12:34:02 PM »

I tried the total opel site and they said that an early vectra one would work I have 2 ascona tanks and you wouldnt believe the amount of rust they have on the inside and one of them is out of a diesel
david

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 06:52:34 PM »

If thats the rwd ascona which was same chassis as mk1 cavalier with the fuel tank upright behind the rear seat, when I was working as a mechanic for a vauxhall main dealer from 1983-85 I can remember changing these tanks on three or four year old cars as they had rotted out !  yet I have never had any trouble with 131 saloon tanks rotting
sid131

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 08:21:50 PM »

I restored a manta gte boot type earlier this year & the only thing that wasnt rotten was the tank Lol!  she is very nice now all finished in white, proper job & a very happy customer.
hammerbeirne

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 01:43:57 PM »

Yea the only thing that doesnt rust on a 131 is the tank Anyway lads i got a tank for the ascona Thanks for your help
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.