Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:27:15 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Wanted: Support Rail? for drivers seat of 131
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wanted: Support Rail? for drivers seat of 131  (Read 5187 times)
mikesides

« on: August 08, 2009, 03:54:05 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for a part for my 1980 Fiat Brava (131).  I'm not sure what the part is actually called.  It is the part that bolts through the floor and then the seat bolts onto it.  Could anyone help me locate one? 

Thanks!
Mike
david

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 05:33:19 AM »

mike, I think I know what part you mean but its not bolted to the floor, its spot welded to the cross member on the floor or should be unless its broke away, could you send picture and I think I can help, David
mikesides

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 05:50:42 AM »

Hello David,

Yes, I think that is the correct piece.  I just assumed that it was bolted in because mine is missing and I could not see how the passenger side was connected.  The person who owned the car before me put in non-Fiat seats that were attached to wood blocks bolted through the floor.  I decided I didn't like these and wanted to re-install the original seats that he gave me.  Once I got the old ones out I realized that this piece was missing.  I am not sure how easy it is going to be to find one.  I will try to get a pic tomorrow when it is light out.

Thanks.
david

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 09:02:36 AM »

I take it your on about the anchorage point near the door not the transmission tunnel side? I will wait for your picture, either way I am taking a four door 131 apart and can de tack these from this car for you if  your interested, I am in uk but dont think postage would be that bad?, David
mikesides

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 06:24:12 PM »

Hello David,

Yes, it is the anchorage point near the door.  Here is photo.  I was unable to get a great picture but I think you can see where the part is between the two white blocks.

Mike

* fiat seat bar.jpg (152.88 KB, 640x480 - viewed 366 times.)
david

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »

yes I can see and it is the part I meant but it is still there just a block of wood in front and behind it ! take it his hacked it about a bit ? hard to see, I am amazed as here if you took it to mot which is a goverment test to check its roadworthy and you had two bits of wood holding the seat in they would throw it out ! I take it they dont test them in america? do you want me to go ahead and remove them for you?  David
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 07:14:32 PM »

The mount in the picture looks as it should do to me. The blocks of wood look like they are infront and behind the original mounting and with the standard seats could be removed. Perhaps they were added as the other seats would not fit onto the standard Fiat mountings.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
mikesides

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 09:09:53 PM »

Sorry everyone.  I guess I should have described it better.  This is a photo of the piece on the passenger side.  I put the white blocks next to it so you could see the ends of the piece and get an idea of the shape.  It was hard to get the photo due to the bright light. 

So I do need the piece that you can see but I need it for the drivers side.  It has not been cut and the pieces are just for the photo and are not normally there.

I hope that helps!
mikesides

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 09:14:18 PM »

Oh yes, the wood blocks were there when I bought the car and the old seat was attached to them.  Definitely not very safe and it would surely not pass your MOT test.  This is the passenger side where I removed the old seat and the wood blacks and attached them to the original mounts.  I just need the mount for the drivers side.  Thanks!
gerafiori
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 06:27:17 PM »

i have one of these, i will have to check which side it belongs to
and what condition it is in, and get back to you Wink
mikesides

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »

Thanks for the help everyone.  David has sent me the part and I received it today.  It is in excellent shape and I can't wait to get it on so I can get this Fiat back on the road.

Thanks David!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.