Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:53:58 AM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  18th to 21st, 4(!)Nights?!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 18th to 21st, 4(!)Nights?!  (Read 17347 times)
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« on: January 30, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »

Hi again ;-)

I just noticed, that accomodation from the 18th to the 21st is 3 nights and not 4 nights as mentioned. Nothing serious, but maybe someone can fix it ;-)

Any recomendations for accomodation in Clonakilty?

Thanks! Smiley
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 08:43:04 PM »

It's 18th to 21st inclusive so that makes it four nights. We have a full day's itinerary for Monday 21st May driving the ring of Beara on the Beara Peninsula. We expect to be back in Killarney for dinner and overnight stay at the Heights Hotel. Of course if you are local you can skip the last night and drive home.  A lot of the attendees will be a long way from home so will need a good night's sleep before setting off for home on Tuesday 22nd.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:15:58 PM »

Sounds good, thank you very much!  Smiley

I guess I got somewhat confused by the "Heading for overnight stay at Clonakilty" (here)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 10:46:50 PM »

Sorry, that itinerary was plan 'A'. We are now on plan 'C', maybe 'D' or there abouts....

After careful consideration, we decided having to stay in multiple locations meant having to visit a lot of hotels to find and negotiate for suitable accommodation for the multiple locations. Finding one hotel that we all felt was suitable was hard enough.

A new detailed itinerary will be posted soon.
(Must take the preliminary itinerary off the website to avoid confusion). 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 11:54:42 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 07:45:18 PM »

Greetings Gerald and welcome to the site.

Thanks also for logging your location against your profile as I was trying to figure out if you were based in Ireland or not.

From your detailed questioning should we assume that you intend to make the journey to the Emerald Isle? Do you have a 131? I cant make out the car in your Avatar - Is it a series 1 Croma?

Tell us about your interest in 131s and we'd love to see photos of whatever Mirafioris you have an interest in.? Wink

Cheers

Kev

Kevin Doyle
Fiat 131 Mirafiori Sport 2000TC
Fiat 131 Supermirafiori S3 2000TC
Limerick, Ireland
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 08:43:05 PM »

Hello Kev,

I am definately planning on coming to the 3ma, but due to the fact that I do not own a 131, I will be there as co-driver of Ren? (131AKAFA) Smiley

The car in my Avatar is a 1986 Hoermann Croma Turbo, that I use as a daily driver. (always concidering it isn't broken again...*g*)

So my basic interest is not in 131s in special, but rather old fiats in general. I like it a little smaller, so I have some Autobianchi A112 Abarths and a '76 128 familiare to play with.

Greetings from Germany & looking forward to see you guys!

Gerald
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 08:57:37 PM by Upprcalypse » Logged
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 08:54:32 PM »

Thats great news - The organising group are staying in Killarney for 4 nights now (18/19/20/21 May) and of course if you are staying for the whole event you might like to make your hotel booking on that basis.

If you guys need any help with route planning in Ireland or hotel booking just ask. We'd like to do everything we can to help foreign visitors make the trip. Meantime we will pray to the sun God every night to be kind in May!

I have a Hormann rear boot spoiler on my 131 - Everyone knows he made the best Spoilers for 131s? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 11:53:33 PM »

Hello Gerald.

Cromas (the original!) are great cars!  Smiley I had one for a couple of years and used it as an everyday car. Mine was a simple i.e. (no Turbo  Embarrassed ) but it was great. I miss it...

The photo of your Croma is too small to see any detail but the wheels look very nice! (please see my other posting at http://131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=64.0). Please post a larger photo of your Croma so I can see the wheels.  Grin

Have you and Ren? decided on your preferred crossing from the Continent to Ireland? If you are going via the UK please get in touch and we can arrange to meet and go across the UK (and accross Ireland) in convoy.   Cool

PS Just noticed the link to your Croma photo (was using little laptop before...). The wheels look very nice. Are they BBS wheels and do they have a 'Fiat' fitting of 98PCD ?

PPS Nice photos of A112s (sorry, had a peek  Roll Eyes ) Croma Cabrio?  Huh Surely that's by the famous designer Signor Phot Oshop ?  Looks like a great car to be cruising the South of France in ....  Cool  I suppose the A112 Pickup is by the same designer?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 01:13:33 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »

Hi Theo!

We will be travelling via Cherbourg - Rosslare, so no chance in a convoy, sorry Sad

The wheels on the Croma are Rial 7,5x15 with 98mm PCD and 30mm offset. I might have another set for sale, so let me know if I should put them in the boot on the trip to Ireland or not Wink

Where did you find the Croma Cab & a112 pickup pics? I did those with photoshop just to get an idea how it would look like (had a parts-a112 with dented roof and was unsure what to do about it), but can't recall posting them somewhere?!  Grin

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 07:55:42 PM »

Have you booked your Cherbourg - Rosslare ferry and if so what date/time do you get to Rosslare? The South-UK convoy lands in Rosslare on Thursday 17th May at 13:30. I suppose you are arriving in Rosslare at 11:30 am on Wednesday 16th or Friday 18th?

The Rial wheels look very nice and very similar to the BBS wheels I like but at 15x7.5 I think they are too big and certainly too wide for a 131 Sport/Racing. There isn't much spare space in the low rear wheel arches of the 131. Can anyone reading this confirm if they'd fit a standard 131?

I found your Croma and A112 photos on the http://mitglied.lycos.de server by following the URL of your Avatar photo  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 08:05:06 PM »

I found your Croma and A112 photos on the http://mitglied.lycos.de server by following the URL of your Avatar photo  Grin

Oh-Oh... I better edit that....bad enough one of you found my festival-pics...   Shocked Grin

We will be at Rosslare 11:30am on Friday the 18th, we are trying to book these days, had some trouble finding out if the 2-bed cabin was actually a 2-person cabin (book 1 cabin and pay the price once), or if we have to book it twice in order to have 2 beds... But no answer from irishferries yet.

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 08:19:18 PM »

But no answer from irishferries yet.

Aaah! Talking with Irish Ferries.... Brings back memories of many hours spent on the telephone and even more hours in front of the computer... But they are good when it all falls into place.  Smiley

The Cherbourg - Rosslare crossing makes sense for you but it means you'll miss out on most or even all of Friday's driving. But you'll get enough driving with the Ring of Kerry (Saturday) and the Ring of Beara (Monday). When do you plan to go back?

I'm sure I haven't seen any photos I shouldn't have seen but if I have, your secret photos are safe with me! With my memory I'll forget them all by tomorrow anyway... Embarrassed

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Upprcalypse

Gerald

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 08:42:00 PM »

Well, if the routing-directions are detailed enough, we are thinking of travelling the route on our own and then arriving at Killaney late Friday. (we'll have gps navigation with us, so we don't get lost  Grin )

Return will be Tuesday 22nd of May. (4:00pm departute, I think.)

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 09:07:01 PM »

Route directions will be very detailed (must get round to posting them  Undecided ) so you should have no problem following them but I don't think you'll have enough time to follow the whole route and catch up with the rest of us. Lunch stop on Friday will be at the Ocean Cove hotel on Kilkee Bay (http://www.lynchotels.com/OceanCove/) but  I don't think you can get there in time either.  Maybe you can pick up the route at Tarbert which is where we land after crossing the Shannon by ferry (http://www.shannonferries.com).

Sat Nav is great but I found that my Navteq mapping was very limited in Ireland and did not have many of the roads we'll be using on the 3MA.  But it should get you to Killarney.

Irish Ferries Rosslare to Cherbourg is at 4:00pm.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
kev131
Founding Member

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 10:21:15 PM »

Hi Gerald

Just responding to the on board accomadation question.

When I used this crossing to bring my pride and joy home from Frankfurt I bought a basic, inside (no windows) cabin for about E70. This was a two man bunk bed arrangement with shower and toilet. It was the lowest form of accomadation aside from a "banquette" (God knows what that is!!!) and a seat in the public areas.? Roll Eyes

Well worth the purchase to be able to excape humanity for a few hours. My crossing was overnight and arrived at 11.0am Irish time. The boat has several areas to eat and if the weather is nice some pleasant deck areas to enjoy the views. It also has some bars usually with live entertainment in the evening.

The road journey time from Rosslare to Killarney (if you come direct) is about 3 hours so we can plan to meet up on Friday night in time for the RoK and the MASSIVE MEGA MIRAFIORI MOBILISATION ATTEMPT (4MA! Grin) on Sunday 20th.? Grin

Kevin Doyle
Limerick, Ireland
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.