Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:06:49 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  wiper motor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wiper motor  (Read 7379 times)
Andy c

« on: January 18, 2009, 04:21:02 PM »

has anyone got a wiper motor to fit a left hand drive

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »

Are they different to  motors on right hand drive cars? I thought motors were the same and only the linkage is different. Can you post a photo of your motor? I have a new motor somewhere...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 05:34:31 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »

i thought they was i will have to check Undecided

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
bolger

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 10:06:52 PM »

My friend has a plenty of new motors, too, check the how many pins are in a plug are in yours.
Andy c

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 07:22:24 PM »

well have taken the motor and linkage off and the motors are the same but the linkage is handed
and i do need the linkage to.

its a 4pin plug

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 11:54:22 AM »

I have quite a few used ones Andy! Grin

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 12:33:23 PM »

Why? What has gone wrong with the linkage? Usually the only thing that happens to the linkage is wear in the plastic inserts. These used to be available on their own and I have a bag of them somewhere? Roll Eyes Below is a bad photo of one which I have in my desk draw at work. Now why I should have one of those in my office desk even I don't know!? Roll Eyes? Especially since it was over 20 years ago since I took it to work as a sample to buy some and we've moved offices 3 times since then but the little plastic insert has followed me faithfully!? Grin

* 20-01-09_1235.jpg (107.92 KB, 640x377 - viewed 390 times.)

* 20-01-09_1236.jpg (86.03 KB, 640x396 - viewed 486 times.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:41:18 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »

the top of the spindle just seem to come off in my hand while i was in the middle of romeny marsh 10oclock sunday night while i was trying to get the wipers to work in a down pour Roll Eyes
mind you i have found a motor and linkagefrom a right hand drive and i think i can use some parts
but thanks for all your offers will be intouch if it doesnt work out

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
theredx19
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 07:39:16 PM »

Do what I do turtle wax on the windscreen and dont drop below a 100 mph Shocked Shocked
131DHOC

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 10:22:50 PM »

Why? What has gone wrong with the linkage? Usually the only thing that happens to the linkage is wear in the plastic inserts. These used to be available on their own and I have a bag of them somewhere? Roll Eyes Below is a bad photo of one which I have in my desk draw at work. Now why I should have one of those in my office desk even I don't know!? Roll Eyes? Especially since it was over 20 years ago since I took it to work as a sample to buy some and we've moved offices 3 times since then but the little plastic insert has followed me faithfully!? Grin

Are all the plastic pins available separately? There are two kind of pins, the little ones that are in the leverage system and the two big ones that fit in the body and keep the wiper blade steel axles. The motor side plastic pin will wear more rapidly than all others, and it could be interesting for all the forumers to know how to obtain them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 10:25:29 PM by 131DHOC » Logged
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 10:36:06 PM »

Are all the plastic pins available separately?

They certainly used to be many years ago but I doubt that they can be obtained now.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 07:14:27 PM »

got and made wiper motor/linkage out of the parts i had so panic over

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
gerafiori
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 07:20:03 PM »

well done andy, we will have to call you andy mc guiver Grin Grin Grin
131DHOC

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 08:13:51 PM »

I have a friend who is looking for a couple of new plastic bushes for his 131, I refer to the two plastic bushes crossing the body under the windscreen and holding the wiper's axes. They are keeped in place by two plastic bolts. Does anybody know if they are the same as other's fiat models? The driver's side bush worned out severely because it holds all the motor's torque. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:52:11 PM by 131DHOC » Logged
131DHOC

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 03:15:06 PM »

Anybody know anything? My friend uses his car daily and in rain times it's a pain hearing how it squeals, no matter the grease he puts. This thing moves and vibrates because of the wear.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.