Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:54:47 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  For Sale and Wanted (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  My Mirafiori Sport is up for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Mirafiori Sport is up for sale  (Read 9995 times)
131sportfan

« on: October 27, 2011, 08:54:50 AM »

I have owned this car for over 20 years. It has been stored in my dads barn for the last 15 of them, but dad has sold his house so the car is sitting in my drive.

It has done 80,537 miles and the engine was gas flowed by Guy Croft, It had 4-2-1 Janspeed exhaust, elec fuel pump, twin dell carbs with K&N's. Ital tune fitted tarox brakes, cam belt and new clutch just before it was stored. Alleycat period alloys. It was totally resprayed (under carpets, engine bay everywhere!) before I bought it in metallic blue and sign written with abarth logo details etc... I have not tried to start it as the electric fuel pump is not working. But it ran fine before it was stored. It is in pretty good condition, with a few cosmetic rust spots. Boot lid is almost rust free as are the front wings and inside engine bay is also sound with no real rust. Roof is also rust free drivers door good but passenger has some rust. It has a cracked front bumper.
I love these cars, this being the second one i owned BUT as i dont have the time I think this car will now be sold. For viewing the car I am in the Norwich area.

I dont know how to post pictures on a forum but I have taken some and can email them to interested people.

The car has a spare head with high torque cams, original carb inlet and valves etc...
All seats except drivers are in very good condition, drivers has split on one seem but once sewn it would look fine.

Offers etc to Tim 07503000959 or email wasptim@googlemail.com
131sportfan

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:24:49 AM »

Here are some images (i hope)

131sportfan

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:16:59 AM »

I have been asked what I want for it. I know done up they can make 12000 or so. So what is a car like mine worth, it needs some but not much work done for an MOT?
Any help would be great!
thanks tim
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »

I guess that ultimately is up to what you think it is worth. To get ?12,000 the car would have to be absolutely perfect which could cost much more than ?12,000. A top class repaint could cost ?2,000 upwards alone.

It also depends on how much work it really needs. My Fiat 130 got an MOT but as I found out when I stripped it to restore it, in reality it was a total shed requiring a lot of work.

It's hard to tell what prices these cars really sell for as people often keep the prices they got private or don't always tell the truth but I think cars that need work generally sell for between ?1500 and ?2500.

A usable car with MOT perhaps ?3000 upwards.

I can only remember one car in the UK selling for over ?10,000 and that car was absolutely mint and had had a full restoration in NZ costing a lot of money.

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
131sportfan

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »

Thanks for your response. I have too many toys and this car is in the way so I prob. will sell. I am open to sensible offers over ?1500.
Thanks
Tim
mirafioriman

My next project......

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »

I'm sure that as you are asking sensible money it will sell no problem. Just make sure it's what you really want to do though Wink

My name is David Hobbs and I currently own: Fiat 130 berlina, Fiat 131 Supermirafiori, Fiat 131 Panorama, Fiat 132 2000, Fiat Argenta, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3, 450 SEL 6.9 a 420 SEL, Citroen Xantia
jasonh131

BILLERICAY ESSEX UK

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »

Nice looking car Tim , what it like underneath , although not a sport colour i like it
 jason

On my 6 th 131 now Goldy
barry

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »

Hi Tim i wouldn't give it away not many decent right hand drive ones about many a time i have read on here has anyone got a sport for sale i would have thought you have a queue.
No offence intended the only thing i can see from that would put someone off is the colour but you need to look past that get a respray.
 I would be tempted myself but haven't finished the one ive got.
Good luck anyway regards barry. 
Sev131

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 03:25:13 PM »

Who's the lucky owner then? Wink

Sold on day 2 and some one in the UK.

Hope it's not bought to be broke and sold for parts. I know of someone who was begging me for one of my Sports. Kept an eye on him only to find that he bought cars to restore and just broke them for the profit. Angry
bellamacchina

bellamacchina

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »

Thanks for giving at least A reaction when someone who is interested sends a mail Huh Undecided

bellamacchina  Albert

Dronten  Flevoland the Netherlands
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.