Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:47:42 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  General discussion (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Desperate Housewives
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Desperate Housewives  (Read 6971 times)
Jacquie131

« on: April 06, 2007, 09:54:09 AM »

Did any of you see it this week?? what about Tracey going down in Corontation Street???

sorry...Kevin has just reined me in.....have to say guys - the photo's of preparations for this event in May are intriguing.? Simon - do you still reckon you are not obsessed?

Any other wives out there watching this site?Huh we could start to chat about what we will do that weekend while the men are off in their motors.......

Apparantly, in 1988, I used to have a 131....(hardly remember it myself as also had a GPZ 305 that was much faster and exciting...and never broke down) but here are some photos...of the Fiat that is, not the Kawasaki!

Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 08:49:08 PM »

Lovely car Jacquie but why did you put Vauxhall wheel trims on it? Was that your attempt at making a Paranormal Panorama?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 12:09:07 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 01:22:27 PM »

Hi, Jacquie, I for one will be joining the chaps in Ireland, I get married on the Wednesday and will be going to Ireland as the first part of our honeymoon, one things for sure though we won't be dragging all the tin cans behind us as is the usual tradition when going away, Andy won't be letting that happen to his car

Anita Cheesy.

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
simon131
Founding Member

Simon Ryle

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:11:14 AM »

Hi Jacquie and Anita,

Obsessed? Me? With what exactly? Oh, 131s you mean - nooooooooo! Not me!? Wink What are you on about Jacquie? I've just reduced my 131 fleet - I've only got five now! I just don't know how I'm gonna cope!? Cry

Anita, great to hear that your attendance at the 3MA is part of your Honeymoon. Wendy (my wife) attended several FIAT Car Club of Queensland events (and yes I was with her at the time - I didn't just send her to Australia on her own - although that sounds like a plan now, 14 years too late!) during our Honeymoon Grin Grin It's got to be done. Obviously Andy is starting your wedded life as he means to go on....

Jacquie, you're not the only girl who had a 131 many moons ago. Unsurprisingly perhaps, Wendy also had a 1600 CL 131, way back just after we met. I'll see if I can dig out some photos to scan. It was a great car mechanically - never let us down - but the bodywork just dissolved as you stood and watched Roll Eyes - so I sold it to a 'mate'! Grin Wendy learnt to drive in a 1.0 litre Austin Metro though, with her first car being an Allegro - which is how we met, but that's another story! Grin

I'm very pleased to see that some Ladies have now joined and contributed to our forum, long may it continue! Cheesy I just knew that you wouldn't be able to stay away forever Jacquie - gets us all in the end! Roll Eyes Shocked Grin Cheesy Wink

Simon Ryle
Hampshire, UK

'76 FIAT Abarth 131 Rally Stradale; 4 x '76-'78 FIAT 131 Special 4-dr; '79 FIAT 131 Sport; '16 BMW 520d M Sport 4-dr;
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 10:31:26 AM »

I get married on the Wednesday and will be going to Ireland as the first part of our honeymoon

Anita Cheesy.

Wow, what a lucky girl you are to get to go to the 3MA for your honeymoon!   Your wedding followed by the 3MA; two great events in just one week!

I hope Andy appreciates how much you must love him  to let him get away with this and I hope he managed to book the honeymoon suite for you at the Heights Hotel.

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Andy c

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 08:58:40 PM »

Hello Theo, thank you for your message, let me asure you its me thats the lucky one marrying Andy, the original date was set for June, but when Andy was telling me about 3MA, i thought poor bugger he is going to have me for his wife, the least i can do is make sure he gets a decent holiday  so we changed the day:), joking apart we are both really looking forward to Ireland and meeting you all, some for the first time, some of you again, all i really want is to be able to say at the end of the trip is what a great time we had and are we doing it again, after all it can be an anniversary present to each other every year can't it

Bye 4 now

Anita x

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Jacquie131

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 02:19:42 PM »

Anita - I have to say you have my full admiration, first of all coming to Ireland (which is fab at the moment as it is 27 degrees and has been all week)...and secondly for spending your honeymoon touring in the 131...I hope it is ready for you and in return Andy has some suitably romantic surprises in store.  Andy, i can help out there if you give me an open limit credit card!

Simon, you are undoubtedly obsessed and I look forward to continuing the conversation we started in Feb when you are over next week.  By the way, ashamedly I did not even realise the panaroma had Vauxhall wheel trims, the picture was taken in Cornwall outside my mums house and I guess I was just so amazed the thing had travelled the 25 miles from our place to get there, that the wheel trims were the last of my worries.

Looking forward to seeing all the cars gleeming with the back-drop of Domoland  in a few weeks time - and with all this talk about polishing, there should be some really shiny ones!
Andy c

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 06:18:35 PM »

Hi Jacquie,i really am looking forward to coming to Ireland, maybe i am looking at life through rose coloured glasses or is it a 131 tail light, all i know is that as far as doing anything with Andy is concerned i am absolutely 100% behind him, (or underneath him haha), i really have no idea what this man has done to me all i know is i am estacially happy so if he said the honeymoon was in iraq i'd be happy to go.
See you very soon and hope the sun is still shining
Anita xx

Andy Cobb
Polegate East Sussex
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.