Click to go to back to www.131mirafiori.com Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:31:05 PM
Home Help Login Register

+  131mirafiori forum
|-+  131mirafiori home
| |-+  3MA News and other events (Moderator: Admin)
| | |-+  Fiat Motor Club (GB) 60th birthday party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiat Motor Club (GB) 60th birthday party  (Read 3450 times)
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« on: September 29, 2008, 09:25:48 AM »

The first ever meeting and the formation of the Fiat Motor Club (GB) or "The Fiat 500 Club" as it was originally named, took place in 1948 at the Wheatsheaf Hotel in Virginia Water, Surrey, UK.

So to celebrate their 60th birthday, the Fiat Motor Club (GB) had a meeting at the same hotel on Sunday 28th September 2008.

The Wheatsheaf Hotel looks rather different in 2008 and the A30 outside the hotel is now a dual carriageway so no way the original photo could be reproduced but the event was well attended with about 40 members turning up and no less than three 131s which made the Fiat 131 the model with the highest attendance - I think? Undecided

More details and photos can be seen on the Fiat Motor Clubh (GB) website forum at : http://pub41.bravenet.com/forum/3446348668/fetch/813164/3

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Baja141

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:35:44 PM »

What happen to your cromodora that you had prep the other day, Theo ..
will your grey racing wear them once in a while ?  Cool  Wink

Fiat131TC-Fiat131CL
Thotos
Founding Member

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »

I was thinking the other day that it's about time I sorted out and fitted those Cromadoras.  Embarrassed I didn't have/get  the correct size bolts (original steel wheel bolts are too short) so the Cromadoras stayed outside on the patio pretending to be strange garden gnomes...   Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Enfield, UK
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Disclaimer: This forum is available free and is part of a non-profit website run by volunteers for the benefit of owners and enthusiasts of the various models of the Fiat 131 and derivatives. Information is provided in good faith and no liability can be accepted by any individual for any situation arising from the use of this information.

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of the contributors and not of the website's owners, administrators or moderators who cannot accept any responsibility for the results of following any advice given by contributors.

The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to edit or delete anything they consider to be of a defamatory, discriminatory, derogatory, abusive or otherwise unacceptable nature.